Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro turf pitches in Athlone

Options
  • 27-01-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Are there any other astro turf pitches in Athlone apart from the Regional Sports Centre and Willow Park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Are there any other astro turf pitches in Athlone apart from the Regional Sports Centre and Willow Park?

AIT, St Peters & Athlone Leisure Centre also have astro pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thomas.melville

Thanks Saint Mel.

Didn't realise there was such a choice in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Avoid the one at the leisure center. Badly maintained, expensive hole

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thomas.melville

Cheers roosterman71.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I love the leisure centre pitchs. Best ever 5 a-side. Playing off the walls, no stopping in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Avoid the leisure world pitches... you might have a good game there but at €65 per/hr compared to €40 at the sports centre for a pitch twice the size it says it all¬!

Avoid the leisure world pitches... you might have a good game there but at €65 per/hr compared to €40 at the sports centre for a pitch twice the size it says it all¬!

There is also a proper FIFA approved full size proper astro at the IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

neaideabh wrote: »
    Avoid the leisure world pitches... you might have a good game there but at €65 per/hr compared to €40 at the sports centre for a pitch twice the size it says it all¬!!

Yep, pure rip off and they aren't maintained that well either.

Haven't played in Willow yet so cant comment but of the others, AIT is the best.

Jaysus folks, its fair from well maintained astro turf pitchs we were all reared!
    I remember using gateways on a rectangular pitch as goals. ( as in one gate way and then 4 houses down and across the way was the other gateway/goal) pitch as goals.

I know all soccer pitchs are rectangular, but do you get what I mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

We weren't paying €65 an hour to use them though were we :D

• Advertisement

Yeah but we broke enough windows!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

I dont think you can rent the one in AIT though. Or maybe you can, anyone know? I presume its only available at weekends?

I think you can rent the AIT but it is in high demand. serves schools, adsl and other purposes outside of the college!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

there is a new astro pitch in lecarrow, bit out of town but it was only finished recently and is excellent. €40 / hr as well i think.

Advertisement