Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skills Swap Thread

Options
  • 27-01-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

I need a ceiling painted, I can manage the rest but I have a wonky arm and can't do the ceiling.

As payment, I can bake, cook, sew, draw, iron, washing, cut hair, grow seeds ready for planting for you, babysit, admin, typing.. I'm sure I must be able to do more but that's all I can think of at the mo!

Anyone interested in swapping skills?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

That's a really neat plan, I unfortunately cannot help you with your ceiling but it's a nicer idea than handing someone money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Back in the late 80's early 90's when the UK was deep in economic recession, several estates in London started Brick Cooperatives, whereby you did a job and got payed in notional "bricks" (credits).

Anyone in the co-operative could trade their bricks with anyone else in the co-operative, (it didnt necessarily have to be with the person who did your work) with no money ever changing hands.

Im not sure how sucessful they were in the long term, and whether this would have done anything to help stimulate the economy, but when people literally had nothing, it was a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Was there a system like this a few years ago in Sligo. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

There are a couple of Irish-based websites that have a system whereby you offer a skill in exchange for credits and can use the credits to pay for other services on the database. For example my friend is qualified in massage and exchanged a massage for a free haircut from a qualified hairdresser. Another friend of mine did some webdesign and used the credits to get on to a cookery course. Will try find out what the website was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

dingding wrote: »
    Was there a system like this a few years ago in Sligo. :confused:

There was but I can't remember what it was called. I think it was based in the Market Yard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Wanted: Unused or Unwanted bathtub for making a pond in my garden.

Offering: Home grown organic fruit and veg from said garden.

Looking for the bath asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Damn, I gave away one on adverts a while back.

Have a look on adverts, there was a few more going for free on it when I placed my ad

Advertisement