Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used Adobe Contribute for managing a website?

Options
  • 27-01-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Hi, firstly this isn't my choice of approach, as I'm a developer. I have a friend who needs help managing an old site and up until now has been using Contribute to manage content, etc. Having never used Contribute before it appears to work from dreamweaver templates, etc, etc, etc and sync files between local projects and remote web servers (over FTP I'm assuming). The site was created from a stock dreamweaver template a few years back :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, we have FTP access to the host and I just want to know if I FTP in and manually make code changes myself will Contribute go ape sh1t the next time it starts up and notices that files have changed behind it's back.

Right now she wants to change site meta data and contribute isn't letting her, so this is why I'm planning on going behind it's back because the tool simply won't let us change anything outside of <body>.

Anyone know any problems with this approach?

Advertisement