Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Bus - any regular users?

Options
  • 27-01-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi ,

I have recently started commuting three days to Dublin from Wexford town. So far i have been taking the train and its not so bad. Was looking at Wexford bus and was wondering if anybody is a regular on it. If so can you tell me what the service is like - punctuality, wireless service, seat availability ( i would be getting the 6:15am and probably the 16:50/17:50 )

I have been reading some comments on facebook about considerable delays, i am wondering if these are once off incidents or more regular occurrences.

Thanks,
    Eain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Have used this bus but mainly to get to and from the airport, on time anytime ive used it. They advertise that wi-fi is onboard, but ive never used it....
    You will always get some delays using the bus, usually getting out of Dublin in the evenings..
    Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Sitric

I've used it from the airport a few times, always on time. Clean and reasonably priced.
    Like the last comment, traffic getting out of the city can be dreadful.

If in the city, I usually take the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boscoroxx

I get Wexford Bus twice/three times a week. Very reliable, clean and punctual.
    I haven't had any problems with the wi-fi on either my laptop or my phone.
    The traffic in Dublin doesn't really affect it because it uses the Quality Bus Corridors around the city.

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

I use it three times a week each way. Generally very good service. One or two of the drivers are a bit rude, particularly the guy who usually does the 4.30 down from Dublin (dark curly haired chap) but the rest are very nice and great at their job. Apart from that a very good reliable service. The onboard broadband works very well. They're generally quite punctual. As I say, apart from the sometimes rude driver, it's a good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I often use it to travel to meetings in Dublin as there's a lot more choice timewise compared to the train. Find it punctual, comfortable and drivers very nice. I used it quite a bit during the bad weather and their facebook page was spot on, always updated, even at 11:30 at night to say if the early morning runs were expe ted to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭weeslip

Thanks to all for the replies and information. Will be giving it a shot at 6:15 tomorrow, looking forward to non stop broadband, the train was wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

weeslip wrote: »
    Thanks to all for the replies and information. Will be giving it a shot at 6:15 tomorrow, looking forward to non stop broadband, the train was wrecking my head.

Broadband is good but is liable to fail as you can imagine in a moving bus...it works off phone signals and sim cards so there are some areas where it is very weak/non existent....

Been using the bus up and down to college weekly, generally on time, and no problems..

Generally see the 6.15 bus in and around the city at about 8.40/8.45 if im heading to college at that time. Excellent price on some commuter tickets/flexi 10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Alfreado

My parents swear by it for airport runs, when ever I drop them into it for the early bus to the airport the driver is always on time. Usualy there 10-15 minutes before he leaves.

I got it once, the run to the airport was grand, bus was warm (no wifi at that time) but the run home was an old 56 seater (dare I say a school bus) that was obviously hired in to cover a break down or something, and it went through the city centre dropping off friends of the driver, and then off the arklow bypass into the middle of no where to drop someone off aswell, given we had been traveling for 12 hours at this stage I was fit te murder the driver!

Having said all that, I seem to be the only person this happened to with wexford bus

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭weeslip

Thanks to all for the information. I got the bus on Monday and it is not for me. Will be sticking to the train. :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

I don't mind buses, even though they are very tight and I sweat a lot on them. I've used Wexford Bus before and it's very cosy, and good value in my opinion. I don't use it often but I think it's great that you can use broadband on their buses, and they keep people well informed through Facebook etc. Going on a bus is a lot like going to Mass. You sit beside someone and they never talk to you. I don't like that at all. Why would you sit beside someone on a long trip to Dublin for a few hours and never speak a word. It's so boring and annoying. Does anyone know if you can drink a few shots of Whiskey on Wexford Bus? I get so annoyed on buses that I wish I was drunk during the long trip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but my friend is looking to get this bus from wexford to ucd for a week or so till accommodation is sorted... Where abouts exactly is this Montrose Hotel that the bus picks up from, when your going from ucd to wexford? ive google mapped it but i get around 5 different results :/ thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

muffinz wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but my friend is looking to get this bus from wexford to ucd for a week or so till accommodation is sorted... Where abouts exactly is this Montrose Hotel that the bus picks up from, when your going from ucd to wexford? ive google mapped it but i get around 5 different results :/ thanks!

The Montrose hotel is just next to the ucd bus stop heading out towards southside/ bray direction. There is a small coffee shop and a garage, directly behind the Dublin bus stop. The Wexford bus stop is maybe 15 feet from the main stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

So it effectively picks up where the 45a drops people off, right outside ucd? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

So it effectively picks up where the 45a drops people off, right outside ucd?

Yup.. drop off and pick up use the same bus stops as the 45A, 145 etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

I'm fairly sure they have a big sign with their logo and name on it about 4 metres up from the said bus stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

wild_cat wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure they have a big sign with their logo and name on it about 4 metres up from the said bus stop!

They do indeed. Hard to miss!

Advertisement