Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tournament Suggestions.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Oki, I think I get it. Do you match the characters up randomly using a RNG or whatever?

Also, do you think it might be a good idea to post the two contenders for a round in two seperate posts and allow the people playing to 'thank' the post as a vote? I just thought it looked messy to have lots of "I vote for x" posts that someone (yourself) has to trek through.
    I haven't played it before though, so it might not work for various reasons.

It looks fun, if you are into comics enough to understand who all the characters are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ryu/Chun Li/Guile - Hell put in all the street fighter characters and decide it by playing street fighter :pac:

Blondie - Clint Eastwoods character from the Dollars trilogy

Deadpool

Rogue Trooper - Probably won't be eligible but he's so awesome

Bane - No venom obviously

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

reallyrose wrote: »
    Oki, I think I get it. Do you match the characters up randomly using a RNG or whatever?
    yeah, I just pull names out of a hat to determine matches
    Also, do you think it might be a good idea to post the two contenders for a round in two seperate posts and allow the people playing to 'thank' the post as a vote? I just thought it looked messy to have lots of "I vote for x" posts that someone (yourself) has to trek through.
    I haven't played it before though, so it might not work for various reasons.

It looks fun, if you are into comics enough to understand who all the characters are.
    See, I actually enjoy wading through all the "I vote for x, because", posts. Fewcifur, koth, and several other folks have produced some epic replies to why they think they have the various battles figured properly.
    LZ's reply to my first tourney's championship bout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

yeah, I just pull names out of a hat to determine matches

See, I actually enjoy wading through all the "I vote for x, because", posts. Fewcifur, koth, and several other folks have produced some epic replies to why they think they have the various battles figured properly.
    LZ's reply to my first tourney's championship bout

haha, fair enough. :)
    I guess I always have an eye for the super efficient way to do things.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Orim wrote: »
    Ryu/Chun Li/Guile - Hell put in all the street fighter characters and decide it by playing street fighter :pac:

Blondie - Clint Eastwoods character from the Dollars trilogy

Deadpool

Bane - No venom obviously
    Deadpool has Wolverine-type healing factor. Without he be dead. I may use a Street Fighter though.

• Advertisement

reallyrose wrote: »
    haha, fair enough. :)
    I guess I always have an eye for the super efficient way to do things.
    I do ask people to give a reason as well. Otherwise all the bat-fanbois would just sweep him straight through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Orim wrote: »

I had thought about Rogue Trooper, but his ability is added to by the "chips" of his fallen colleges, so he's a bit of a team entry?
    A damn fine soldier though! :cool:

edit: just back from college, so I'll try to come up with some more, over a coffee.

I am amazed no one has mentioned Batman yet.

What about:

Dexter - TV Show
    Mr. Brooks - Movie
    Rutger Hauer - as The Hitcher, as Roy Batty in Blade Runner
    Daryl Hannah - as Pris in Blade Runner
    Mai Linh - a$$ kicking, beauty, from Die Hard 3 or 4?

Cannot for the life of me remember the name of the female character from "24" season 1.
    Remember, it turned out to be "her" fault he was in sooo much poo!
    One evil, evil, smart, devious, (did I say evil) piece of work!

I'll be back! :D

mrmac wrote: »
    What about:

Dexter - TV Show
    Mr. Brooks - Movie
    Rutger Hauer - as The Hitcher, as Roy Batty in Blade Runner
    Daryl Hannah - as Pris in Blade Runner
    Mai Linh - a$$ kicking, beauty, from Die Hard 3 or 4?

Cannot for the life of me remember the name of the female character from "24" season 1.
    Remember, it turned out to be "her" fault he was in sooo much poo!
    One evil, evil, smart, devious, (did I say evil) piece of work!

I'll be back! :D
    Oooh, I like the way you think.

• Advertisement

Another female:

Irina (something) - weird sword-fighting woman from Indiana / Crystal Skull movie (strangely attractive!).

Xena - how could you miss Xena!

Big thumbs up for Xena from me. I may also use the King of Thieves as well, Autolycus.

For consideration, although I cannot remember their characters names!

Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.
    Jasons Ma in Friday The 13th.
    Evil Psycho Woman in the Saw movies.
    Daryl Hannah again, in Kill Bill (including the hot eye patch!).

That's it for now, gotta go collect the kids.

How many do you have now?

Close to a hundred viable competitors.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I may use a Street Fighter though.

Put Guile in, and give him his theme tune.

Put Guile in, and give him his theme tune.
    Is that an order?

Is that an order?

Nope, outside of Latveria I am a facilitator not a dictator...

For now!!!

Nope, outside of Latveria I am a facilitator not a dictator...

For now!!!
    Could you facilitate locking this thread then as I has enough(more than actually) competitors for the next tournament

Your furry wish is my cybernetic command :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement