Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receivers appointed to Lynch Hotel Group

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Receivers appointed to two hotels in Lynch Hotel Group
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/eysnausnsnmh/
    They've mistakenly put photo of Dromoland Castle, instead of The Clare Inn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Balagan wrote: »
    The picture in the Examiner is of Breffey House Hotel in Castlebar (part of the Lynch Group) not Dromoland Castle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

Balagan wrote: »

Think your mistaken thats Breaffy House not Dromoland Castle

see link below

http://www.breaffyhousehotel.com/

My mistake about the hotel identification. Hadn't noticed this thread at all and wouldn't have repeated another's posting.

Though I had posted in the thread about possible new Tesco in Ennis.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You had Balagan, I moved it in here, at the moment Lynch Hotels and Michael Lynch Builders are separate organisations and there was a thread on the hotels issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I'd say it won't take long to get it sorted. Look at what happened to Woodstock just a couple years ago sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

What effect will this have on the Gym at the clare inn and memberships. I know the kingfisher is a seperate company but they rent the gym part owned by lynch.

Re the Woodstock, i have a number of friends who were stung from buying membership a weekbefore it went into receivership and no come back on it and no membership replacement when the new company took over. so although the woodstock got sorted, people still got shafted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

And to add to the intrigue, Breaffy House has already had a stint in Admininstration. Local suppliers had to settle for 3c in the € :eek::eek:and of course were promised the sun,moon & stars if they did settle. I don't hold out much hope for Breaffy House. Though I would'nt have much sympathy for BOSI either !!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

And to add to the intrigue, Breaffy House has already had a stint in Admininstration. Local suppliers had to settle for 3c in the € :eek::eek:and of course were promised the sun,moon & stars if they did settle. I don't hold out much hope for Breaffy House. Though I would'nt have much sympathy for BOSI either !!

All of lynchs hotels went into administration with the above result.

We were looking to join the Kingfisher in one of the hotels but went into administration so did not take it up, as Kingfisher is more than likely tenants in the hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Clareman10

West County Inn had a receiver appointed on Friday last by Aib.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

Clareman10 wrote: »
    West County Inn had a receiver appointed on Friday last by Aib.

Are you 100% sure on this. From Media coverage I can find it states that that Breaffy House & Clare Inn are in receivership but "Other hotels in group continue to trade well." (Sunday Independent)

It is very damaging to businesses that are subject to these rumours unless posters here are 100% sure of sources. Clareman10 you may be correct but I have not seen it anywhere else yet.

See today's Sunday Business Post!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Clareman10 wrote: »
    See today's Sunday Business Post!!

Have you a link? i cant see it on the site

It is in the paper edition of the post. Full paper is not on web! And I wouldn't post anything without checking it out but this was known about on Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have you a link? i cant see it on the site

The SBP's paper is not uploaded now until 10.00am on Monday. Used to be 6.00pm on Sunday:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

Its Sunday Indo vs Sunday Business Post.

Its not like these guys are professionals and need to get this right !
    Someone has gotten it wrong.

Here's the link to Sun Indo Article on Pg 10 today.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/january-closures-buyouts-receiverships-and-liquidations-2516805.html

It was stated in the paper edition of the Sunday Business Post today so if you need to check it, I suggest you get your hands on a copy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

I worked in the West County Inn once. I wasn't impressed by the way it was run then but I think it got a lot worse since. The whole place is a mish mash with extensions everywhere.

Thanks for that link. Hope Croker sees it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement