Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL SSF4 - Online Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm locking down DeeJay man. Now all my opponents are so going to counterpick. Whatever. Dey all hatin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

ayjayirl wrote: »
    179288_10150090997257426_752547425_6414790_6666012_n.jpg

*looks at his group*

aX99J.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Nice, I get to rematch kneecaps without some prick shouting in my ear the whole time. :P

Will have to fix the router for the billionth time and get connection test games on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

*looks at his group*

aX99J.png
    WTF?

Well I guess you'll just have to get out of your group this time, get seeded and then you might be an easier group....... :cool:

I don't really know the players in my group. I'd sooner have gotten some easy win matches like Farz or Doom. :D

WTF?

Well I guess you'll just have to get out of your group this time, get seeded and then you might be an easier group....... :cool:

I don't really know the players in my group. I'd sooner have gotten some easy win matches like Farz or Doom. :D

I know Yreval, never beaten him. No pressure so :D

• Advertisement

Right, the groups look tasty.

Rules:

1) Character lock for the whole Tournament
    2) No rule on ultra selection
    3) Group matches follow inferno (Best of 3, best of 3) (with the exception of ultra restrictions). Use the usual group standing sheet. Record wins of matches and rounds etc. I think everyone knows this. It might make sense for each Each of the seeds is to take responsibility for recording the results for their group. Azza, you are so nominated, seconded and passed to be responsible for yours.
    4) Top 2 from each group goes into the knockout stages. If playoff is required - so be it, but it must be done before the deadline.
    5) Knockout stages are FT10 - Single Elimination
    6) Lag: A lag test match to start each game and if decision to move forward with the match at that time is agreed, then it must be finished. With the exception of a DC, once you start against your opponent you must finish. (Just use common sense and remember, lag is EIRCOMs fault, not the other players)
    7) The knockout stages will be seeded as per your position in your group (1st or 2nd). This is a slight change to last time but I think we should do it. Its a reward for topping your group..... or a banana skin. ;)
    8) All group matches must be finished by Friday, 11th Feb @ midnight. This is absolute. Any player who has not arranged and played their matches by then will forfeit the match. (Have to do this)
    9) The draw for the knockout stages will take play on Sat, 12th Feb. Whenever I get up.
    a) For my health, no SSF4 will be played on Feb 14th!
    11) Timetable for 1st round of knockout stages tbc but I will be using an online tournament manager tool once we get to knockout stages so everyone can follow the goings on.
    12) Video recording: We have 32 players, 8 groups and 80 matches - and that just group stages. I don't want everyone contacting myself or Doom to record every single match. If you can do it yourself, do so. We will start recording matches at knockout stages with select matches. We can't do them all so feel free to contribute to the recording. The closer we get to finals, the more we can.

Best of luck to all, except Farz!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dont know who generic name is but if i beat him and skrape a win off Steveboat, then i can intentionally LOSE against Atrak so that i dont get placed in the knockout stages with a seeded player. tactics !

Placebo wrote: »
    i dont know who generic name is but if i beat him and skrape a win off Steveboat, then i can intentionally LOSE against Atrak so that i dont get placed in the knockout stages with a seeded player. tactics !

Just to be clear and not to confuse Farz, for teh draw for the knockout stages, 1st finishers in groups will play 2nd finishers in the groups.

Farz, you don't into knockout stages if you finish 3rd... or more accurately for you, 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I feel loved! Never been mentioned in so many comments and its all about if I exist or not.

Looking forward to my groups! I wont be so forgettable then!......yesiwilll

I feel loved! Never been mentioned in so many comments and its all about if I exist or not.

Ok Generic,To beat Farz, you need a cause, like a quadruped he hates. Then arrange a vengeance match up for the HYPE and he will crumble...

• Advertisement

look at that beautiful play in ROUND 1, then the commentary got to me and i let AJ cause he loses alot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'll be using Balrog. So is someone going to be organising the times and date for each group or do we have to work it out between us?
    5) Knockout stages are FT10
    What does this mean? First to win 10 matches?

Lol. They'll know who you are then you show them the awesome power of the great oily one!

Placebo wrote: »
    look at that beautiful play in ROUND 1, then the commentary got to me and i let AJ cause he loses alot

41797_2201052034_8400_n.jpg

Creature wrote: »
    I'll be using Balrog. So is someone going to be organising the times and date for each group or do we have to work it out between us?

Yes, The seeds in each group will record results but arrange the matches between yourselves
    Creature wrote: »
    What does this mean? First to win 10 matches?

Yarp

Just sent XBL messages/friend requests to yreval, ppc and emsixteen, asking to have a practice game to test connection.

0fd311d7f1134b6aae28c1b.png

must beat, show no mercy, knobs of society.
    have beaten and shamed, show some mercy

then onto chris, my long time secret nemesis
    3763e11790004e0ca79c15c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

WTF?

Yeah, I know that, I've just got a huge mountain to climb to get there. :pac:

Yeah, I know that, I've just got a huge mountain to climb to get there. :pac:

you have a tough group alright but with respect to both bourke and Fergus, they are beatable.

Azza too, just not by many :o

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

M.Bipson here.

I also nominate Bush and Hound play as Hakan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Right then I already have you on my list AJ so Kneecap and Scavenger I'll add the both of you later when I go on and we'll figure something out.

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    M.Bipson here.

I also nominate Bush and Hound play as Hakan :pac:

I second that motion and push an amendment to make you play as chun li :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I second that motion and push an amendment to make you play as chun li :cool:

Just don't make him play Dan...

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

Doom what say we implement the Midlans system of tournament organisation and we just pick the finalists?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm gonna play as Cammy (tough to resist Chun, but I gotta go with CatsuitCammy). Happy enough with my group, if I take a game or 2 I'll be happy :)

I'll send Uber and Ry a friend request at some point. Me and Rob... we got unfinished business... It is on :p

Ry is best* viper in ireland

*only

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hello groupmates. My XBL tag is SabreO001 I'll stick to Akuma...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

I'm gonna play as Cammy (tough to resist Chun, but I gotta go with CatsuitCammy). Happy enough with my group, if I take a game or 2 I'll be happy :)

I'll send Uber and Ry a friend request at some point. Me and Rob... we got unfinished business... It is on :p

Withdraw Madam! Withdraw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Friend list full!

But I can be found here: SF IV IRELAND 1 Look in the friends of that profile.

Along with many of the other players in the tourney.
    Add.

/pimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

I should have space for a friend request, I usually keep 99 friends to allow them. Who do I need to be adding then? PPC, Yreval and Future Guy? GamerTags? :)

I'll be playing an appalling Ryu and pitching up tent in the groups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I can compile together the scores for my group and send them along to AJ once everyone's finished like last time. If Robknoll, Ry and B_E don't mind sending them along via whatever means.

CunningPlanners on XBL guys.

Pretty happy with my group, an interesting selection of people I've never played before.

Really happy I'm not in Group 1 or 4.

Advertisement