Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Question / Authorised Ranges (Rifle )

Options
  • 27-01-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am sure maybe this has come up on some other thread but can’t seem to find at moment so thought I would post a question up. I am currently in the process of licensing my CZ .22 and there seems to be an argument brewing up with myself and my local garda station. I need to know what ranges have this new authorised pulse ID number issued, who are they and where are they. I live in Dublin. Can anyone assist ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not all of the ranges out there have gotten their PULSE number yet Zenner. Rathdrum has, I think, and the Midlands; not sure about others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

What range are you a member of?

Are they refusing to accept ranges without Pulse numbers?

I submitted an amendment recently and Super required the pulse number for Midlands, never had to give it before, name of range was enough..................

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Zenner

There not refusing as of yet but can't get a answer out of them as to getting this granted. Frustrated as hell as the station has my paperwork since Oct 2010. Have been a member of Courtlough many years now as a clay shooter and now wish to get back to rifle also. Have two shotguns and now wish to add the rifle. This issue as to the number seems to be the hold-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The Superintendent (or Chief Super if you applied for a restricted licence) is required by law to give you a decision on your application (asking you for more information does not defer the deadline or reset the clock) within three months of your application being submitted to them (Section 3(9) of the Act).

If they've had your paperwork since Aug2010, and haven't given you a decision yet, you've been deemed to have been refused and notified properly of your refusal (it's a ****ty little bit of the Act, that one - Section 15A(5)).

This is, however, assuming that when you handed in the paperwork that it went to the Superintendent. If it didn't, if the Firearms Officer in the local station is acting the maggot and holding the application instead of sending it on up (which he's not supposed to do, but which does happen from time to time), then this doesn't apply.

So the first thing to do would be to call the station and find out if the form went to the Superintendent's office. If it has, and it's been there for over three months, your next call should be to your NGB, to get them to ask the Firearms Policy Unit to have a word with your Super about your application. If that fails to solve the problem quietly, it gets more complex - you have to file with your local District Court to appeal his decision, but you only have 30 days from when you are notified of your rejection, which in your case would mean 30 days from November 2010, which is obviously now gone past; so you'd have to re-apply, get re-refused and appeal that second refusal...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Zenner

Thanks Sparks for the info. Its not a restricted licence so I guess its the case of now getting on to the Super. I did go back down to the station last week and did talk to the FO on this delay but its a case of walking on eggshells with these guys. Can’t seem to understand why this issue as to the Pulse number now as they made no effort to contact me over this period time and left me thinking it was all being processed. I don’t wish to think the worst but I need a good argument if they are now saying this.

All information needed and welcomed.... Thanks !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement