Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSD not showing in my computer

Options
  • 27-01-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I just installed a replacement SSD that OCZ shipped to me after my last one failed after about 6 hours use.
    The device is recognizing in BIOS and is showing under device manager but is not showing in my computer, so I cannot access the device.
    The model is Vertex 2 120GB 3.5".
    I have downloaded the firmware tool and clicked download firmware which should bring the device up to 1.28 but it still shows as 1.27 in the same tool.

Any ideas? Im starting to lose faith in SSD drives from OCZ as several colleagues of mine are using competitors products and have run into no issues. Compared to just using a HDD this has been a headache, with the total fail of the first drive and now this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Arcto wrote: »
    Hello,

I just installed a replacement SSD that OCZ shipped to me after my last one failed after about 6 hours use.
    The device is recognizing in BIOS and is showing under device manager but is not showing in my computer, so I cannot access the device.
    The model is Vertex 2 120GB 3.5".
    I have downloaded the firmware tool and clicked download firmware which should bring the device up to 1.28 but it still shows as 1.27 in the same tool.

Any ideas? Im starting to lose faith in SSD drives from OCZ as several colleagues of mine are using competitors products and have run into no issues. Compared to just using a HDD this has been a headache, with the total fail of the first drive and now this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Probably just that the drive need a format and a drive letter to be assigned, this can be done using Disk Manager.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Using-Disk-Management-in-Windows-7-Vista

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Hey marco.

Thank you for your response. Yes that was what was wrong, but a different board beat you too it :D

Thank you though.

Issue resolved!

Advertisement