Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low flying aircraft

• 27-01-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the electronic signs just outside Adare (before you go on M20) & Annacotty (on the M7 at Finnegans roundabout)?

Anyone know what is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Was wondering this myself :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Its not a particularly useful sign though! I mean what the hell are you supposed to do?

"Yield to aircraft crossing from the right"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah I was looking out for the aircraft alright - no sign. What kind of aircraft are we supposed to be looking out for? And how low are the aircraft flying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Pretty sure there was a notice about this in Limerick Post and maybe some other papers. They are doing some sort of surveying over a few days, maybe a week, can't remember much else to be honest,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

More info here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭baldbear

Maybe its a plane carrying out a geological survey of the area to see if theres any Zinc or lead in the area? Thats what a plane in my area of Longford is doing and maybe they are doing a few areas around the country..

"A Canadian mining company is exploring the possibility that there may be high levels of valuable minerals in the Midlands.

Teck Ireland Ltd is carrying out a geological assessment of an area, approximately 25 kilometres in length and 15 kilometres wide, for deposits of zinc and lead.

Motorists and residents in Longford, Westmeath and Cavan are being advised to be aware that a low flying aircraft will be passing over areas for the rest of this month and part of February.

Senior Geologist with Teck Ireland, Dr. Christopher Reed, says Ireland is rich in mineral resources and the rocks in the area are the right type to find zinc and lead."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yeah I was looking out for the aircraft alright - no sign. What kind of aircraft are we supposed to be looking out for? And how low are the aircraft flying?

You'll know when it hits you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

All them posh f**kers in Adare flying into work in Raheen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Has Raiser broken out again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Geological surveys rock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mc Love wrote: »
    Has Raiser broken out again?

Checks shed.

Nope he is still where I left him.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

My daughter came home from school with a leaflet about this geological survey. Threw the leaflet in the bin (of course:o) but according to the map on it, the area they are covering is in a loop from approx Adare/Patrickswell/Cappamore/Hospital/Knocklong and out as far as Kilmallock.

Mind yer heads:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Saw that sign out near Annacotty. Driving with my head ducked down is a chore! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I took out two of them earlier on...Stealing our rocks....cheeky feckers...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I let the air out my tyres, just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I saw a sign on the Tipperary road warning of low flying aircraft. Saw them yesterday and today flying over the Caherconlish area - which ties in with the article I read in the Limerick Leader this morning about zinc levels - which would be good news too for the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I'm tempted to ask about this in the conspiracy forum.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

Just flew over my house twice,seems this area is where the plane is focused today! Surprised by the size of the plane-bigger than I imagined! Quite low down also more than i expected- will try and take a picture of it and post it here!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

There's been ads (big bright red ones) in the Post for the last two/three weeks with information about this, it's a geological survey iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

My daughter came home from school with a leaflet about this geological survey. Threw the leaflet in the bin (of course:o) but according to the map on it, the area they are covering is in a loop from approx Adare/Patrickswell/Cappamore/Hospital/Knocklong and out as far as Kilmallock.

Mind yer heads:P

Thats going to be one big bloody hole. The IMF must be delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Mind the heads lads and ladies. Plane just left Shannon Airport at a very low height. It was heading over the river thowards Co. Limerick at 9.31am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Got these pics of it at home in Kilteely this morning after coming off work,
    IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    Can still hear it off in the distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Got these pics of it at home in Kilteely this morning after coming off work,

Can still hear it off in the distance.

Wicked:D

I was trying to get a few of it Friday it was flying over work but I was too slow getting outside with the camera.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement