Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks on Kilcock to Clane Road

Options
  • 27-01-2011 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows what the Roadworks on the Kilcock to Clane Road are for (starts at Echo Removals)? The Road is in a state at this stage.

I am getting a serious pain with as they have been going on for months with no end in sight! And also very frustrated with the extra few minutes the temporary traffic lights add to my journey every day (seem to always be Red!!):mad:.

When are they due to finish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

The road works are for the remainder of the improvements (straightening & widening) over the last number of years.

Can be a pain in the face but will be worth it in the end ;)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

It's an absolute mare!! Every time I hit the lights they are always red and it takes ages for them to change! I was at them last night and eventually my light went green... but the cars just kept coming... and coming... and coming. The last car came through but my light had gone red again!!!! :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I've been wondering what those works were for myself, I haven't seen any noticeable change in progress since before christmas, it just looks like someone ripped up the ground and drove up and down it a few times in a JCB.

Thankfully I don't have to drive through it very often, maybe once a week, but the other half does so several times a week and is getting quite tired of it too

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Max Moment

Hopefully it will be worth it. The previous works carried out further along towards Clane certainly made the Road alot safer. The way the Road is now certainly is not very safe.

I know the Feeling ChewChew, i'd imagine other drivers get as frustrated on the other side of the lights and just keep going once the lights change. The timing on the lights should be altered as from what I can see there is too long of a delay between Green times. I travel this Road twice a day and even at 6 am when there is very little traffic I have to wait the five odd minutes.

Better safe than sorry I suppose!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Max Moment wrote: »
    Hopefully it will be worth it. The previous works carried out further along towards Clane certainly made the Road alot safer. The way the Road is now certainly is not very safe.

I know the Feeling ChewChew, i'd imagine other drivers get as frustrated on the other side of the lights and just keep going once the lights change. The timing on the lights should be altered as from what I can see there is too long of a delay between Green times. I travel this Road twice a day and even at 6 am when there is very little traffic I have to wait the five odd minutes.

Better safe than sorry I suppose!
    I know it is frustrating Max, but if everyone waits their (very long) turn then it will mean we have less frustrated drivers! I am only an hour back from driving that road and coming from Kilcock there was a car stopped at the lights, I was behind him then a huge queue of traffic had formed, sitting there for a few mins and the car in front of me gots seriously pee'd off and turned into the plant place on the left trying to head back out to kilcock and by the time he turned, lights went green and he was left sitting waiting for all the cars to go through the lights towards clane. I have to say, I laughed because I reckon he was kickin himself! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Cgoodie

Also the fact that people seem to take so long to move when the lights turn green really increases the blood pressure! They don't seem to be making a whole lot of progress on this though everytime I drive by there's no one working on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

That bit of the road is getting to be an absolute joke, I moved to kilcock recently meaning I have to travel that road to work and in the last month there looks to have been absolutely no work done on it! The pot holes forming are beyond a joke, and because of them have to go and buy a new tyre for the car because one of the potholes made absolute ****e of one of mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Any work on this section of road has always taken an eternity. So has the upgrade work on the road from Kilcock to Summerhill/Trim. AKA Dempseys Highway.

In saying that, a lot of roads around the county are in a crap state after the snow/cold weather. I doubt the budget is there to repair them properly. Ireland's biggest tourist attraction, The Pothole, is making a comeback!

Advertisement