Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeat offenders in court

Options
  • 27-01-2011 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

can anyone here explain why,when a repeat offender,(possession of drugs,burglary,assault,possession of a sawn off shotgun) who is in court once again and the gardai speak up for him.what in the name of jaysus is going on??? . 2 or 3 weeks ago on the nationlist and the people i read about it. and if you live here in town ,well you know what im talking about..this piece of filth should be locked up .end of story:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭royston_vasey

As Oscar Wilde said the law is an ass. I do genuinely think that the judiciary in this country are oblivious to the sentiment of the populace, even more so than politicians.

Judges very rarely make innovative judgements but instead rely upon previous case histories to determine their sentences. We have seen a cosy relationship between the politicians and the judiciary recently whereby the politicians seem content to pass half-arsed bills that permit them to be legally challenged - coincidental that Cowen and Lenihan are solicitors :rolleyes:

Another thing that annoys me regarding these repeat offenders is that they continually get legal aid; these people are an offence to decent citizens and shouldn't be entitled to this service especially when it is normally the hard working taxpayer that they offend against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Bring back the Guillotine ! Criminals have too many rights today

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I suggest you try the Legal Issues forum, link.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement