Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying lump sum off mortgage?

Options
  • 27-01-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I have €10K saved up and I'm wondering weither to use it to pay a bit of my €130K mortgage I took out 3 years ago or better to just leave it in my dualsaver accounts with 3. something E.A.R. It probably wouldn't take much off my monthly payments? I'm on a 2.1 tracker by the way,

What would you do?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

If I dont need the 10k for emergencies or any other expenditure, I'd pay it off the mortgage and maintain the existing repayment level - you will save a fortune in interest on the mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Paying off a little extra each month may actually be better then paying a lump sum. Depends on the term left, interest rate and principal left

Advertisement