Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackpool Fined £25,000 For Fielding A Weakened Team

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Didnt United start Gibson against Blackpool? If thats not fielding a weakened team I dont know what is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I think Holloway is a fantastic manager and bloke and this is a complete joke. But Blackpool are a small club and the FA love to pick on the small fish.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Joke.

Did he make one change too many, 2 too many, 3 too many :confused:

Does the PL decide you should have played player X who played a couple of days earlier who while isn't injured would only last say 60/70 minutes (multiply this by 6 or 7 players) ?

If they had held out for a draw or won what then ? Surely this ruling should be independent of the result of the game (since it would have been the same weakened team) but how stupid would it look to fine Blackpool if they had got the late winner instead of Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think he should just flat out refuse to pay the fine. Bring the issue to a head after a game or two on the sidelines, and the PL will be forced to back down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

what is the point of making teams pick a 25 man squad if you are not allowed use whatever permeantations (sp?) you want? ricockulous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Holloway is the best character in the game by a mile. Great man and a great manager.

The FA have just proved again what an absolute sham of an organisation they are.

Great Interview here with Holloway worth watching. Great respect for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Holloway is to hand in his resignation according to TalkSport.

EDIT: Wonder if they'll accept it though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That_Guy wrote: »
    Holloway is to hand in his resignation according to TalkSport.

Which the chairman has already said he'll reject. Takes some balls from Holloway that like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Stupid fine.I'd just turn around and say so your calling the 11 players i fielded ****e?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

I think the players who played in that game can feel pretty sh!t about themselves. They are basically being told by the FA they are not good enough to do their jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Stupid decision. Seems the supposed smaller clubs have no right to rest/rotate players.

Can't understand all the Holloway hate either, if he said some of the stuff he has said in a foreign accent people would be lauding him as a genius. Instead he's dismissed by many because he's the English equivalent of a culchie. He's very aware of what he says and does, it's a great way to take focus and pressure away from the players. Mourinho does it all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A man of his word.
    EXCLUSIVE: Holloway WILL resign over fine

KARL Oyston has vowed to “fight to the death” to keep Ian Holloway at Blackpool when the manager offers his resignation.
    Holloway repeatedly threatened to quit if the club was punished because of his 10 team changes for the 3-2 defeat at Aston Villa in November – and yesterday the Premier League hit Pool with a £25,000 fine.
    Holloway remained true to his word, telling The Gazette late on Thursday night: “He (the chairman) will be getting my resignation because that is how strongly I feel. It is up to him whether he chooses to take it.
    “I don’t know who I am working for. I have done the best job I could for this club and have tried to win every single game, including the game at Aston Villa.”
    But Oyston made his position perfectly clear. “I absolutely would not accept his resignation and I would fight to the death to keep him in his post,” said the chairman. “He has done fantastically well and deserves to manage at this level for ever.
    “It would be absolutely ridiculous if Ian felt compelled to resign because of what is an unjust decision and he shouldn’t compound that by stopping doing what he is doing so well.”
    http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/exclusive_holloway_will_resign_over_fine_1_2983588

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

eagle eye wrote: »
    “He (the chairman) will be getting my resignation because that is how strongly I feel. It is up to him whether he chooses to take it.

Wow, he's such a man of his word :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Is any one person accountable for this decision? I'd love to see somebody come out and defend not only this but the rule in general, like has already been said, there is a 25 man squad for a reason, its ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

He'll offer his resignation, but the chairman will turn it down thus saving face.
    eagle eye wrote: »

Well holy god!

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

TBH, Holloway was clear about what he'd do at the time and it was clearly leaving the board up to the ultimate decision. I dont think the board will accept and I dont think Holloway will fight them much to see his contract cancelled. He'll 'reluctantly' continue....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Devil08 wrote: »
    I think the players who played in that game can feel pretty sh!t about themselves. They are basically being told by the FA they are not good enough to do their jobs.

Good point.Why do it to Blackpool for the League and then let Arsenal or United do it in the cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

ferguson better hope united dont have a good run in the champions league it could cost them a fortune if he starts resting rooney to keep him ready for big ties.

Not pickin on united just first person who comes to mind, ferguson is the best at squad rotation and gettin results thats why i thought of it.

So had Blackpool won that game would villa have been fined for being crap enough to not beat a weakened blackpool team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Good point.Why do it to Blackpool for the League and then let Arsenal or United do it in the cup?
    The FA didn't fine Blackpool. The Premier League did. The Premier League can't fine sides for what they do in other competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Paully D wrote: »
    Wow, he's such a man of his word :rolleyes:

what do you want the man to do?

Advertisement