Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goodbye to Phantom Daily - their Final Day has come

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Are we allowed say here why he "left" The man has been at the station since it was a shed in Sandyford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

allanb49 wrote: »
    Are we allowed say here why he "left" The man has been at the station since it was a shed in Sandyford.

Ballybrack; the heady days of Coast 103. On 105 FM :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Ballybrack; the heady days of Coast 103. On 105 FM :o:D
    Them were the days:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

allanb49 wrote: »

Well Phantom Daily was sacrificed in order to bring Alison Curtis back to the station, and my understanding is that he left (or more accurately was pushed) because the new owners/management simply and coldly decided that he (both as manager and presenter) was superfluous to requirements.

He made it clear that he wasn't happy with the situation. After the amount of time, blood, sweat, etc. he put into bringing Phantom to life in the first place and bringing it to where it is today, I can't say I blame him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I'd say it's all downhill from here,

First Friday thing they do is shíte, This month is a dj battle?
    Phantasm used to be a great laugh before that.
    Now i can forsee generic radio, "quirky" presenters and the station just losing it's soul really,

As someone said before it's been going down for the last 2 years think this will be the final nail in the coffin,

*at least we still have Powerhouse*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Allanb49 couldn't agree more. Alison Curtis announced she's pregnant so her presenting the afternoon show must be a stop gap as she will be going on maternity leave within the next 4 or 5 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Aw, I'd no idea it was finished. Simon makes me think of an Irish Indie Ira Glass – always there with a great sense of optimism, goodwill and professionalism. Best of luck Simon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Very much enjoyed Simon's show, I'll be listening in when he's found a new home on the dial!

Advertisement