Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magika

Options
  • 27-01-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Has anyone played this yet ? looks ok, a lot of my steam friends have just bought it or added to their wishlist so was thinking of getting it later.
    Im especially liking the 4 player Co-Op aspect

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42910/
    About the Game
    Magicka is a satirical action-adventure game set in a rich fantasy world based on Norse mythology. The player assumes the role of a wizard from a sacred order tasked with stopping an evil sorcerer who has thrown the world into turmoil, his foul creations besieging the forces of good.

Players will be able to combine the elements to cast spells, wreaking havoc and devastation on the minions of darkness. They will also be able to team up with friends and fight their way through the campaign, or test their skills in the magickal arts through other challenging modes.

In Magicka, up to four players take on a grand adventure to save their world from certain doom using a fully dynamic spell system. The adventure mode takes the players across three different levels, ranging from the lush forests of mountain valleys to the frozen halls of the Mountain King where wits and creative thinking are the keys to victory.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Played it myself local co-op with my brother. Great fun, although you won't be musing as many magic combinations as you think (hint: use this for instant win Q,F,A,S,S,S and then Shift+Right Click)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I've been waiting for this for a while and now that I have it, I haven't had time to play it.
    Apparently there are a few bugs they need to iron out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

At least they've kept their sense of humour about the bugs.
    Form their Facebook page:
    Jonas: "500mb patch for a 700mb game, what did you guys forget half the game?" ;)
    Magicka: "no, but the orcs in the patch were really huge."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I belive most of the bugs are Ironed out now. Only had an hour with this so far but after watching some videos of it I'm ready to put more time in to it once I get the hang of casting spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's brilliant, absolutely brilliant. One of those games you play and think 'I can't believe no-one came up with this before'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

It's brilliant, absolutely brilliant. One of those games you play and think 'I can't believe no-one came up with this before'.

'Tis indeed great fun, wish they'd nerf the Lightning damage boost on wet targets, it makes the Q,F,Q,F,A,A,S combo insanely powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hey guys, just wondering have they sorted the bugs out in this?
    Looks a lot of fun, saw a few videos posted on some youtube channels im subscribed to.
    It looks like a lot of fun,has it got much replayablilty once completed?
    Can you find players to play in co-op easy enough?

Advertisement