Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

intellinet router

Options
  • 27-01-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

hi, ive got an intellinet router Model 503693.
    ive been using it fine all along and this morning my housemate said it wasn't working. i checked and it said limited access only. when i plugged the cable directly into the laptop instead of the router the internet works fine.

and ideas how why it would stop working all of a sudden or how i might be able to fix it?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

garv123 wrote: »
    hi, ive got an intellinet router Model 503693.
    ive been using it fine all along and this morning my housemate said it wasn't working. i checked and it said limited access only. when i plugged the cable directly into the laptop instead of the router the internet works fine.

and ideas how why it would stop working all of a sudden or how i might be able to fix it?
    thanks

Limited access on your laptop??

Try pinging the router.

Its either the router or your network card (setup) :)

Are there more than one laptop not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Limited access on your laptop??

Try pinging the router.

Its either the router or your network card (setup) :)

Are there more than one laptop not working?

yeah limited access on the laptop(s)
    none of them work. it was grand last night when i turned it off but not working then this morning.
    pinging the router?:confused::rolleyes:

garv123 wrote: »
    yeah limited access on the laptop(s)
    none of them work. it was grand last night when i turned it off but not working then this morning.
    pinging the router?:confused::rolleyes:

Try restarting the router. Leave it off for 10 mins and then switch it on again!

If the 2 laptops are not connecting its the router thats the issue

If that doesnt work

Go START >> RUN
    type in CMD .. hit enter

ipconfig .. hit enter

ip gateway is wat you should be looking for 192.168.1.xxx something like that

cheers il leave it off for a while and see if it works. must be the router to say none of them will work or the xbox either

• Advertisement

No luck. did the next option and it didnt say ip gateway anywhere.
    there was a default gateway which was blank.

Advertisement