Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deutz Agristar 6.38

• 27-01-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have been looking at a 95 Deutz Agrodstar 6.38 and I'm considering buying it on a private sale. I noticed two problems when I took it for a spin over the weekend.

Firstly the digital dash is not giving the correct ground speed or the PTO revs and the hour are showing as 1500hrs although the machine has done many more. Is this a major fix?

Secondly, the PTO seemed to be going live once the 1000 speed was selected regardless of the PTO lever being engaged or not. When the 540 speed was selected the PTO only spun when the lever on the right hand side was engaged as it should do. PTO was unloaded in both instances. Is this a serious fault or is it something minor.

Also any other views and comments on these tractors would be helpful. I've heard that they are very economical tractors.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

I would guess the dash is f**ked but think you can get (chips) eproms for them and would need a deutz laptop to check it.

Have a look at the sensor on the 4wd shaft to see it not hitting the shaft or the wires got broke, happens a lot on them.

The sensor for the PTO is beside the out put shaft and do go a lot.

Any rattle in the PTO shaft?
    Could be the brake,
    Its a band around the clutch and can be done by removing the hydraulic top if i remember rite.

What part of the country you in?

Advertisement