Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwed up the place.Porters are not happy.Very worried

Options
  • 27-01-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Today, I have asked the porters for some grease to put on my bike chain. I put on way too much, as I was in a rush to catch the bus. So when I got the bike out onto the front entrance, the grease started dropping, and a load of stains formed on the concrete. It doesn't look good. It happened right on the part of entrance which the porters keep clean. I told them about the accident. I had to go straight away, so I won't miss the bus, but I'm a bit worried that I might get in serious trouble for this accident. Someone might slip on the grease stain :X

Whatever I done, is it a serious offence against DIT property? I'd like to know, as I can't stop thinking about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Today, I have asked the porters for some grease to put on my bike chain. I put on way too much, as I was in a rush to catch the bus. So when I got the bike out onto the front entrance, the grease started dropping, and a load of stains formed on the concrete. It doesn't look good. It happened right on the part of entrance which the porters keep clean. I told them about the accident. I had to go straight away, so I won't miss the bus, but I'm a bit worried that I might get in serious trouble for this accident. Someone might slip on the grease stain :X

Whatever I done, is it a serious offence against DIT property? I'd like to know, as I can't stop thinking about it.

Best lawyer up mate:). Nah, don't worry. As long as you can convince them it wasn't intentional, you should be fine. I am sure they have dealt with more serious issues than a bit of grease staining the concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

i think you might be over thinking this its a bit of grease you didn't burn the place to the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

have you seen the inside of the building??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Why were you taking your bike to catch the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Troll.

Failing that, serious answer: I doubt the DIT porters would give anyone grease. I doubt the DIT porters would have a supply of grease. I also highly doubt the DIT porters would give a flying shíte about a grease stain on the concrete seeing as how they appear do do absolutely nothing all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

sdonn wrote: »
    seeing as how they appear do do absolutely nothing all day.

Ah now in fairness, playing online poker for most of the day can be really tiresome:D

HOWEVER, John in the snackery is one of the few people in Kevin Street who actually give a toss about anything. He deserves some recognition based on how commited he is to the upkeep of the place in general. This man holds the porters to shame, generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

I can't stop thinking about it.

Really ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Naikon wrote: »
    Ah now in fairness, playing online poker for most of the day can be really tiresome:D

HOWEVER, John in the snackery is one of the few people in Kevin Street who actually give a toss about anything. He deserves some recognition based on how commited he is to the upkeep of the place in general. This man holds the porters to shame, generally.

There's always a couple of good fellas all right, unfortunately Bolton Street managed to avoid them ;)

Advertisement