Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Talk about remote

• 27-01-2011 8:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Just watching the news there where they got the last of a flower that they thought was extinct in the Pitcairn and are now trying to produce some offspring.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitcairn_Islands
    Talk about remote only 50 people live there and its thousands of miles from anywhere, they have no airport of harbour either:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

The will not be able to read what we say about them so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

hondasam wrote: »

Bunch of bastards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

They can only get two tv stations Cnn and Tcm oh the humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

they might have broadband,

do they have broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Population: 1/km2, now that's nice! Everyone could 1km2 of land each..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

They can only get two tv stations Cnn and Tcm oh the humanity.

They're so remote they don't even need a remote.
    /clears throat.
    /gets coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Descendants of the crew of the Bounty I think? There was a good documentary on them a while back. Some bad craic went on there as well.

Bunch of bastards.

The are probably all related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 JaneB

Wasn't there some sort of a child abuse scandal there a few years back?--apparently for years grown men had been having sexual relations with underage girls, and this was an open secret. In the end the British government stepped in and put a stop to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Just watching the news there where they got the last of a flower that they thought was extinct in the Pitcairn and are now trying to produce some offspring.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitcairn_Islands
    Talk about remote only 50 people live there and its thousands of miles from anywhere, they have no airport of harbour either:eek:

But, having looked at the second sentence in that link, it appears it's not remote enough for our great friends, the Brits, who are claiming ownership of it as well.

• Advertisement

they might have broadband,

do they have broadband?

The dont even have an airport :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I went to google street view it...there are no roads!

I heard they're all c*nts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

The are probably all related.

like tory island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I'm a complete plant nerd :o

So I find this really interesting, so just in case there are any other similar nerds, here is the link about the plant.

http://www.botanicgardens.ie/herb/research/abutpitc.htm

Also another similar story is the discovery of the Wollemi Pine Tree in Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wollemia

Yep, I'm a nerd :o

foxinsox wrote: »
    I'm a complete plant nerd :o

So I find this really interesting, so just in case there are any other similar nerds, here is the link about the plant.

http://www.botanicgardens.ie/herb/research/abutpitc.htm

Also another similar story is the discovery of the Wollemi Pine Tree in Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wollemia

Yep, I'm a nerd :o

will we get serious now and stop making fun of them. :pac:

I must get some gardening tips of ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I heard their all descendants of sailors who committed mutiny who took over the captains ship and sailed it to these islands. Bunch of b*stards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Could be a good place to send someone on the witness protection program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Sure they were all done for rape there a few years back.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/26/Worldandnation/Six_convicted_in_sex_.shtml

How awkward being the outsider looking for some strange flower on the island!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

karlog wrote: »
    I heard their all descendants of sailors who committed mutiny who took over the captains ship and sailed it to these islands. Bunch of b*stards.
    Where did you hear that....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

not yet wrote: »
    Where did you hear that....

A friend of a friend who got it from a very reliable internet resource.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

.pn is about the only domain where almost all the adult population contested the ownership of the domain with the holder, in this case Tom Christian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Odd people there, with the child raping etc.
    But I love the movie The Bounty. They're all descendants of Mel Gibson on those islands!
    I'll not have any of your foul, filthy, gutter ways on board my ship! Do you understand? Good God, pigs in a sty have more comprehension of cleanliness than you buggers have! Now you'll get these decks clean, or by God I'll make you lick them clean with your tongue if you don't mend your ways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

It looks a lovely place, Id love to live there for a while or somewhere like it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    It looks a lovely place, Id love to live there for a while or somewhere like it

No seriously, I don't think you want to live there, when I was in New Zealand I was watching a documentary about the sex abuse scandal going on there. Total oddballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    No seriously, I don't think you want to live there, when I was in New Zealand I was watching a documentary about the sex abuse scandal going on there. Total oddballs.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention Id bring weapons and set up my own little kingdom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Sorry, I forgot to mention Id bring weapons and set up my own little kingdom

I knew John de Chastelain got bored and took his eye off the ball, surprised you'd opt for a system of monarchy though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Child raping? Geographic isolation? It would seem that they really are 'far out.' Chortle chortle, fucking chortle.

Bunch of bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I was watching a documentary about the sex abuse scandal going on there. Total oddballs.

So plenty of Catholic priests there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

vacuous ****

Advertisement