Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance

Options
  • 27-01-2011 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm looking at comparisons between Quinn and Aviva. There is a huge difference in price between the two. The main difference seems to be that one of these companies doesn't cover high tech hospitals or high tech procedures on a comparible plan to the other.

I spoke to a girl today who couldn;t tell me what exactly was classed as a high tech hospital or what procedures were classed as high tech.

Can anyone clarify what's meant by this term ? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

It can vary a little bit depending on the plans, so if you can tell us what the plans you're looking at, you'll get more specific answers.

In general though, the Hi-Tech hospitals are the Mater Private Hospital, the Blackrock Clinic, and the Beacon Hospital, all in Dublin. Depending on the plan, Aviva also class the Glway Clinic and the Hermitage Clinic (in Lucan) as hi-tech, but only on the basic plans.

I'm not exactly sure what the term high tech procedures means. It might refer to what are sometimes called "special procedures", which are a range of othopaedic and cardiac (joint and heart) operations carried out in the high tech hospitals. These procedures are available in other hospitals, but I think the high tech hospitals are seen as centres of excellence. However, if the plan doesn't cover high tech hospitals, then you're not covered for any surgical prcedures in the hospital, be they high tech, low tech or no tech!

Advertisement