Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian Shops

Options
  • 27-01-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Just wondering if there are any Asian shops in Wexford, love cooking asian food but haven't been able to find any shops around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

have you tried new ross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I know there is one on the quays in Waterford, but not sure about Wexford. I wish there was though - just to get some of the fish, dim sum, etc... (getting hungry now)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Hootie

No I haven't tried New Ross, i heard there was one in Waterford but unsure exactly where it is, which end of the quay is it at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

There is a Pa Pa Thai in New Ross and a Tuk Tuk Thai somewhere in Waterford

I'm talking about actual Asian food supermarkets not restaurants - love cooking Asian food but nowhere to by ingrediants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Hootie wrote: »
    No I haven't tried New Ross, i heard there was one in Waterford but unsure exactly where it is, which end of the quay is it at?

I'm not 100% sure but think it is about half way down between the bridge and the Tower hotel at the bottom. Its quite a small shop with a white surround (I think), but you wouldn't miss it if you were walking by. I've never been in there but I often pass it and think that I must go in! My parents go in there and find it o.k.

As I work a lot in Dublin I tend to go into the jervis st. asian store.

Cheers for that Dinkie, I'm the same - work in Dublin half the week but I usually went to the one in Inshicore but I know the one your talking about. I'll give the one in Waterford a try as I do be down there alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I was just coming on here to ask about picking up Asian ingredients in Wexford. I'm from Cork, and my local Tesco's have a large range, so I was surprised that my sister couldn't get her hands on some basics. Can anyone tell me where the one in New Ross is exactly?

I don't think there is one in New Ross, there is an asian restaurant called Pa Pa thats just over the bridge by the opel garage, the other one is in Waterford, haven't have a chance to get to it yet but its on the quays.

Advertisement