Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extractor fan

• 27-01-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a extractor fan with a 6" outlet, but would like to use a 4" Pipe, does anyone know if there is such a thing to convert ? and if there is who supplies them ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

yeah they are available, caled a 6''-4'' reducer. a good diy shop should have one and most electrical wholesalers will have them or can get them.
    atc up in tallaght will deffo have one but im not sure if they deal with the public.

ps if ye have difficulty getting one pm me and ill source one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Usually the extractor comes with an adaptor to suit both sizes...

4" is the standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Thanks for all the help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

i have a question about extractor fans, too, if you don't mind me hijacking this thread! ;)

I'm replacing a broken bathroom fan and bought a 4" model. I measured the metal duct pipe and it was about 4" or 100mm, but when i tried to install the new one I noticed that it is the same size as the duct hole and will not slot into it! :eek:

After checking the old fan I noticed that it has a 3" fitting. I guess it looks like I'll have to get one in this size, but there only seem to be 4" ones anywhere that I looked.

So my question is has anyone else ever encountered something like this before?

Thanks!

LA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

can you post up the make/model of your existing fan and we might be able to tell you where to get a direct replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

can you post up the make/model of your existing fan and we might be able to tell you where to get a direct replacement.

Yep, the original is an o.erre Standard 8 and the replacement is a 4" Manrose Intervent NVF100T.

Advertisement