Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you know your history

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jerryDyid

If you're not crying like a baby at the very end you have no heart :(

QUALITY :D
    unfortunately i fear the significance of those two vid's and the sense of history that we have will be lost on the woolwich wannabe's we seem to be attracting lately
    great post cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

jerryDyid wrote: »
    unfortunately i fear the significance of those two vid's and the sense of history that we have will be lost on the woolwich wannabe's we seem to be attracting lately
    great post cheers

attracting lately? to the boards.ie or to being a Spurs fan? With 18 posts I dont think you have right to talk about this forum much .. I supported the creation of this forum years ago

If you mean to supporting Spurs then I'll wager I spend a lot more money and get to a lot more games than you every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Brilliant documentary. But you put the first video second which messed it up for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Superb !

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Puts into perspective what it means to be a real fan rather than a glory hunter when you listen to the legends talk and feel the history.

Billy Nic, what can I say, a Yorkshireman by birth, but blue and white through his veins till the day he died. Lived on Creighton Road (Stretch of White Hart Lane) for most of his life. Met him on two occasions and to describe him than anything than other than a complete gent would be an insult. Legend in my eyes.

If only we had those sort of people involved in the club today. Of course all of this will be lost if we move to Stratford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Beautiful! COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Great find Ronan. Man Hoddle scored some classic goals in his time! This video is what TOTTENHAM hotspur is all about. We support them for who they are and the tradition that goes with the name, take us to another modern bowl of a stadium and we lose all this. For me personally the Lane is the best stadium in the world. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

KingdomYid wrote: »
    This video is what TOTTENHAM hotspur is all about. We support them for who they are and the tradition that goes with the name, take us to another modern bowl of a stadium and we lose all this. For me personally the Lane is the best stadium in the world. COYS

How much did any of us know about tottenhams tradition when we first starting following them? Honestly? 23 years ago i knew feic all, i liked the players, i liked the style, the tradition we learn after we fall for the team.
    Best stadium in the world? Come on now.
    RichMc70 wrote: »
    Puts into perspective what it means to be a real fan rather than a glory hunter when you listen to the legends talk and feel the history.
    Of course all of this will be lost if we move to Stratford.

Am i Glory hunter? All will be lost if we move to Stratford?, your right, all footage of our goals will be erased, our memories wiped and all Trophies will be rescinded and awarded to Man Utd. History is history, it doesnt vanish if a club moves a few miles down the road.
    Maybe its time to create history, in a new era, in a new stadium. Maybe its time to rebuild a legacy not seen at the club in 30 or 40 years.
    Maybe its time to leave the past in the past and look to the future, a future that involves us being more than a soft touch or a wannabe big club.
    Maybe we can be winners, champions, with all the style and grace that the club was known for.

jerryDyid wrote: »
    great post cheers

This forum seems to developing a split, if you want to stay at WHL you know your club and your history, your a real fan.

If you see the logic behind going to stratford your a jonny come lately or a woolwich wannabe and only starting following the club two years ago.

mushykeogh wrote:

This forum seems to developing a split, if you want to stay at WHL you know your club and your history, your a real fan.

If you see the logic behind going to stratford your a jonny come lately or a woolwich wannabe and only starting following the club two years ago.

Its not just a split .. its also the aggressive and dismissive tone of posters with an opinion different to their own. Because they want to stay at WHL over progressing as a club we somehow are now not real fans? Baffling.

Great find Ronan. Man Hoddle scored some classic goals in his time! This video is what TOTTENHAM hotspur is all about. We support them for who they are and the tradition that goes with the name, take us to another modern bowl of a stadium and we lose all this. For me personally the Lane is the best stadium in the world. COYS

Have you seen the design for the new Stadium? Its going to be nothing like a modern bowl and will most definitley be one the best stadiums in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

THFC wrote: »
    Brilliant documentary. But you put the first video second which messed it up for me!

Sorry, I've corrected that.

Playboy wrote: »
    Have you seen the design for the new Stadium? Its going to be nothing like a modern bowl and will most definitley be one the best stadiums in the world

Fair enough it will not exactly be a bowl, but it will not be in Tottenham and this i feel is very sad :(

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Best stadium in the world? Come on now.

It is to me. Define what makes a great stadium? WHL is the best for atmosphere.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

WHL is the best for atmosphere.

That's not because of the stadium, it's because of the fans in the stadium

Mactard wrote: »
    That's not because of the stadium, it's because of the fans in the stadium

Compare the Dell to St Mary's Stadium then tell me it's because of the fans in the stadium.

That said, compare our early rounds in either domestic cup with a full house for the Derby (the North London one, the one that matters ;)) and you'll see what difference the right fans in the right stadium can make.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Compare the Dell to St Mary's Stadium then tell me it's because of the fans in the stadium.

That said, compare our early rounds in either domestic cup with a full house for the Derby (the North London one, the one that matters ;)) and you'll see what difference the right fans in the right stadium can make.

The fans make the atmosphere, not the ground, not the seats, not a big screen.

I am telling you again, we make the atmosphere what it is, doesn't matter where we play, we are spurs fans and you can be sure we let the opposition know that no matter how badly or well we are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

It is to me. Define what makes a great stadium? WHL is the best for atmosphere.

WHL can have a great atmosphere, buts thats cos of the fans. I was there against Sevilla a few years ago and it was electric.
    Iv also been there against Hull and Fulham and it was pretty dire.

For me a great stadium doesnt have dirty big poles blocking your view of the pitch!

Mactard wrote: »
    The fans make the atmosphere, not the ground, not the seats, not a big screen.

I am telling you again, we make the atmosphere what it is, doesn't matter where we play, we are spurs fans and you can be sure we let the opposition know that no matter how badly or well we are playing.

I average about 20 games a season, home and away. Like mushy I've seen our fans pretty damn quiet, so forgive me if I'm not overly impressed by your argument that we make an impact regardless of how we play.

Nevertheless, there is no doubt in my mind that environment means a hell of a lot in terms of generating or maintaining atmosphere in football, and the example I gave of Southampton supports that.

Anyone who watched the Carling semi on Wednesday will attest to the physical presence of the home fans in the left hand corner on the opposite side from the main cameras, all of them standing and almost on top of the pitch. It looked immense.

If the stadium does not matter then why are we so intent on retaining stands as close to the pitch as possible in NPD or the OS? If stadiums are not important then why are Dortmund reknowned for their 24k capacity terrace, The Wall? Why are we proposing a single tier stand behind one goal ourselves? Of course stadium design impacts on the atmosphere.

Great stadiums have an aura about them. WHL has an aura about it.

Hasnt the new stadium being designed to maximise athmosphere by being as close to the pitch as possible and having a kop style stand. The have purposely avoided going down the bowl route of the emirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Just managed to sit down and watch the 2 clips, fcuking brilliant. Makes me proud to be a Spurs man...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

If you're not crying like a baby at the very end you have no heart :(

Afters today's fiasco tonight is a night for watching these videos!

Advertisement