Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking down a contact in bankrupt overseas agency

Options
  • 27-01-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭

Couldnt find an overseas property forum so hope this is in the right place.

So, the parents invested in a place overseas (EU) using an Irish company, who've now gone bust and my parents havent been able to track them down to get an update on whats happening, ie have they lost all their money, has the new management company taken over, is everything still on track, etc etc. Theres a lot of unanswered questions.

So I'm looking for advice on here. Can they just shut up shop and leave all their investors in the dark like this? Is there anything that can be done to get the money back?

The companys website is down. They're not answering their phone. We emailed them last week and still no reply. One of the bust companys family members has set up another company in the area of the property thats still selling these apartments. We're gonna try ring that office tomorrow. I also got another number from the whois of the site, as well as a gmail address so gonna try all this tomorrow. :cool:

But, what are our options if we cant track down these people to get an update?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If this is a company, presumably it went into liquidation and there is a liquidator. You need to find the liquidator.

Check the company status here: http://www.cro.ie/search/

Advertisement