Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Does Galway Need???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

More trees
    More decent places to go out less kips like the front door buskers etc they're all the same
    better choince of places to eat at the moment there's only about 3/4 decent places to eat
    A roof

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

It would be nice if Galway City had a big park. Like the one by Wards (Millennium Park?) but bigger.
    ted2767 wrote: »
    More decent places to go out less kips like the front door buskers etc they're all the same

You could have picked better examples of 'kips'. Galway is one of the best places to go out in the country.. sheesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

inisboffin wrote: »
    Here's an interesting article on the 'Ivy - good or bad' debate.

I think i've used the wrong word, it not an ivy exactly, i mean something like this :

http://www.cyberfoto.pl/galeria/showphoto.php?photo=12071

Dont know the english name of it, but i see a lot of it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

It would be nice if Galway City had a big park. Like the one by Wards (Millennium Park?) but bigger.

You could have picked better examples of 'kips'. Galway is one of the best places to go out in the country.. sheesh.

If by palaces like the crane or roisin then yeah they're up with the rest of the country, if however you think the front door or buskers are amongst the best places to go out in the country then you need to get out of galway a bit more more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

ted2767 wrote: »
    If by palaces like the crane or roisin then yeah they're up with the rest of the country, if however you think the front door or buskers are amongst the best places to go out in the country then you need to get out of galway a bit more more.

That's clearly a matter of personal taste. I don't drink in the Front Door much and Buskers definitely isn't my type of place, but they're both popular pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    Digital Park in Salthill?

I was gonna say that. Technically it's called Quincentennial Park, I think.

churchview wrote: »
    Completely agree. In contrast to Dublin, for instance, Galway is virtually treeless. When they do plant the odd tree, they plant specimens that are far too immature to have a decent chance of survival when they're left relatively unattended.

Been to Barna Woods lately? Or Merlin Park woods? Or Roscam (Aunteen and Uncleen if you want to call it that) Woods? The latter are a short 15 minute bus-ride from the city centre.

churchview wrote: »
    Areas such as Westside, Eyre Square, Headford Road etc. could be significantly improved with a bit of tree planting.

Totally agree with this bit though.

drum! wrote: »
    Wonder how long 20 saplings would last in Westside..

If they were planted by the right (ie scariest!) people, they'd last a very long time.

JustMary wrote: »
    Been to Barna Woods lately? Or Merlin Park woods? Or Roscam (Aunteen and Uncleen if you want to call it that) Woods? The latter are a short 15 minute bus-ride from the city center

Both Barna and Merlin Woods are not really what you would call "city trees" and they are very untended and full of litter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

JustMary wrote: »
    If they were planted by the right (ie scariest!) people, they'd last a very long time.
    We had saplings planted in our area some years back, before I moved in, and the residents told me that drunken med students destroyed them with hurleys. Twice! Its not the locals who are the hazard in westside, mostly.

• Advertisement

I've just seen today some dickheads hanging, kicking and trying to brake one small tree and there was about 10 of them (age about 15-17). I knew, whatever i will say i will just hear f... off and thats it and then Garda car appeared from nowhere -i thought ok, they will stop and do something about it. They just passed.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

What does Galway need? About 15 footballers........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Starie1975 wrote: »
    What does Galway need? About 15 footballers........
    ah be fair, it's only 11. the hurlers need 15

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Why would the hurlers need 15 footballers? (Unless its the ladies football team for a night out).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement