Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speed flash chord

• 27-01-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi

I boguht a Nissin di466 today and I am trying to make it fire from a chrod. It wont fire alone...I set my camera Up on master mode and it makes no difference. It only fires when my pop up flash is on. Which defeats the purpose for me because I want only one light to fire (the nissin speedlite).

Does anybody know how this is done?

The nissin flas fire when my pop up flash fire but if I cover the pop up flash with a dark material to difuse the flash, then the nissin speed lite doesnt fire?! Is it light sensative or something?

Would love some help on this.

(some photos to show what Im using)

DSC_6949.jpg

DSC_6947.jpg

DSC_6950.jpg
    DSC_6951.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Your flash gun may be triggered by the flash of your pop-up one.
    Get Canon gear, there are no such problems ;)
    Honestly, I don't know. Are you certain that the cable is OK? Does the hot shoe have contact in the middle, because I cannot see it in your picture. Try different one (even borrowed) to identify the real cause of the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

the nissins dont use the standard centre pin like most flashes

so it wont trigger from what you have

what i did with mine is ad a pc sync cable

so i can plug it into a trigger, but its wired across the test button and has to be fired manually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Can you reduce the power of the pop up flash to a minimum which will still trigger the external Nissin.
    I use Nikon and when in commander mode I can set the pop up flash to trigger the external flashes but the power of the pop up is so low as to not effect the shot.

Advertisement