Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for 30th Birthday Party

Options
  • 27-01-2011 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a venue for my 30th birthday party.

I don't want to hire a full room, maybe just book a few tables for 20-30 people in a bar/pub/club. Preferably somewhere that serves good cocktails, is a bit trendy and maybe serves finger food?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Church, on Jervis street is alright. Dunno if they do cocktails though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

whereabouts are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 audz1981

Sorry - should have specified Dublin City Centre (preferably southside).

The Church do do cocktails, thanks for the suggestion... have been there a few times though and find the crowd there a bit hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭omega666

audz1981 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a venue for my 30th birthday party.

I don't want to hire a full room, maybe just book a few tables for 20-30 people in a bar/pub/club. Preferably somewhere that serves good cocktails, is a bit trendy and maybe serves finger food?

Thanks! :)

what about howl at the moon,
    had my 30th there, booked a section in the bar, they do cocktails and they
    kindly provided free finger food for us. for anoyone that wants to they can head
    down to the nightclub later for a dance. had a great night.

tried to book dandeloin first but they want some ridicolus amount of money to provide the food so told em take a hike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dubpunter

You might try Capital bar. They can do small private parties upstairs and do fantastic €5 cocktails all day everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dakota.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 audz1981

omegga666 - how long ago was your 30th, just wondering if howl at the moon is still a popular place to go... I haven't been there for about 2 years (loved it then though!) but don't really hear of anyone going there anymore.

Dakota and Capitol are on the list of potentials now... Thanks!

Any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

audz1981 wrote: »
    omegga666 - how long ago was your 30th, just wondering if howl at the moon is still a popular place to go... I haven't been there for about 2 years (loved it then though!) but don't really hear of anyone going there anymore.

Dakota and Capitol are on the list of potentials now... Thanks!

Any other ideas?
    I go there occasionally on Saturdays if I'm out. It's usually less busy than other places in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Johnniep

I had my 30th in Koh and it was great. Had it out in the bar area, they reserved the tables, did finger food and great cocktails. I had everyone from young cousins to older aunts etc and everyone loved it.

im having my 30th tomorrow, ill let you know what the place was like on sunday

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

im having my 30th tomorrow, ill let you know what the place was like on sunday

Did you get any joy from where i suggested?

Degsy wrote: »
    Did you get any joy from where i suggested?

no just went with the place i had booked. it would have been too much effort letting everyone know about a new place

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Johnniep wrote: »
    I had my 30th in Koh and it was great. Had it out in the bar area, they reserved the tables, did finger food and great cocktails. I had everyone from young cousins to older aunts etc and everyone loved it.

Looking at having mine there too. Would you recommend it yeah? They can reserve half the front bar area for me and serve finger food. It sounds good.
    Was it lively there with the DJ - you didn't feel like you had to be too quiet with other diners there also?
    Thanks!

Advertisement