Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

job seekers allowance holidays

• 27-01-2011 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi, im wondering if anyone can answer my question please.
    how long can i go away on holiday for while on jobseekers allowance.
    im planning to go away for 6 weeks.
    i know im entitled to 2weeks holiday allowance when i return to sign on again but is there a cut off time before they close my clain and i would have to reclaim again?

thanx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

You will be paid for the first two weeks and that's it. So, if you go for 6 weeks, on your return you will recieve 2 weeks payment on your next signing date.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lexluther

thanx, for your quick response. someone told me that if i go abroad for more than a month the social will close my claim and i would have to start the whole process again i.e new claim etc.
    can anyone clarify this statement for me?

thanx guys.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

lexluther wrote: »
    thanx, for your quick response. someone told me that if i go abroad for more than a month the social will close my claim and i would have to start the whole process again i.e new claim etc.
    can anyone clarify this statement for me?

thanx guys.:)

How long are u going abroad for? are you on allowance or benefit.. You can take 2 weeks holiday on either. If you are on Benefit you can transfer you claim abroad within the EU ... if it is allowance and you are going for a couple of months your claim will be closed and if its longer than 6 months you will have to complete a habitual residence form when you come back depending on the swo you are registered with. Hope this is of some help.

Thanx for your responses so far. i am going to brazil for 6 weeks as my wife is from brazil. i hope when we get back there will not be too much drama from the social.

cheers guys.

ok apply for your 2 weeks holiday for 20l1 and tell them your going for 6 weeks.. now what I would do is ask you to come in immediatley when you get back with your flight details etc to prove you are back in the country and your 2 weeks money would be released but you would be unpaid for the other 4 weeks..btw you need to apply for holidays 2 weeks in advance

• Advertisement

Thanks so much eastbono for your help. i have already submitted my holiday form for 2011.
    the woman i was dealing wth seem to be of the opinion that 4 weeks was the max i could leave the country for and then my claim would be closed.
    but she wasnt sure.

thanx again.

Depends on the office you are with. We would payment suspend your claim and wait for you to come back into the office... but its not written in stone and depends on office to office and tbh claim to claim

Advertisement