Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on dissolving partnership!

Options
  • 27-01-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me, I'm in a real bind. I'm trying to dissolve a partnership, but one of the partners walked away over a year ago, and we have not been able to contact this person by phone, email, or letter.

Does anyone know how I can close a partnership without having all the partners sign the RBN3?

Thanks again,

Cojack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I don't think RBN3 dissolves a partnership. It relinquishes a business name.

Partnership law is a different thing. I take it there is no partnership agreement.

http://businessandlegal.ie/tag/dissolution-of-partnership

might give you a hint.

Assuming there is no partnership agreement, I understand that what you want to do is quite straightforward under the Partnership Act 1890.

This is a complex area and you should get legal advice specific to your particular circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

This is definitely a legal advice issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

CRO came back to me and said "A declaration made in front of a garda to that effect will suffice."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

I would talk to a solicitor to be sure

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

cojack101 wrote: »
    CRO came back to me and said "A declaration made in front of a garda to that effect will suffice."

Hi

This just cant be true. If you are involved in a partnership you have very real obligations to your fellow partners, creditors, customers etc that just cant be extinguished by simply turning up at a garda station.

As kennyb3 said this is most definately a legal issue. You as a partner remain legally liable for all the debts and obligations of the partnership. This is why partnerships should be avoided.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Cheers all.

It was a partnership that never traded!

Just going to see a solicitor about it.

Thanks.

Advertisement