Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in arts how many subjects should u be doin per module

Options
  • 27-01-2011 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

A module is a 'subject', and under normal circumstances you take about 6 of them a term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

If you mean how many modules per Major/Minor etc, it really depends on your break down.

It can be 50/50. 80/20 etc.

So throughout the course of stage 2, you could do 2 sets of 10 modules, if for example, you are doing Politics and History joint major.

It all depends on the Spread you chose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Your question makes no sense as you are obviously confusing subject with module. If you are in stage 1, this is a good guide.
    What are my choices for completing Stage 1?
    When you begin your registration you will find that you are already registered to 10 credits in each of the subjects that you nominated. You will need to pick up another 40 credits to complete your Stage 1. You can decide to add more credit from the two subjects that you have already chosen, up to a maximum of 20 credits per subject; you may decide to study other subjects offered in the BA Programme, taking between 10 and 20 credits in them – you must take at least 10 credits in one other subject; you may decide to take up 10 credits worth of electives. Your BA Degree Short Guide contains more detailed information on subject choices available to you
    http://www.ucd.ie/acshs/registration10_ba_faqs_stage1.pdf

You should also read the Short Guide to the BA that will have been posted out to you and is also available here http://www.ucd.ie/acshs/babooklet2010.pdf. They will have given you specific guidelines on all of this in September.

You can also get this information on the UCD website, particularly at the link I have just posted. Generally if you have a problem with UCD, you should Google "UCD and XYZ". Not many people on Boards seem to take that option though! Typically the first few results answer your query.

Plus at the risk of feeding a man instead of teaching him how to fish, in first year your ideal split should be 20 credits for each of the 2 subjects you wish to study in second year. Then you have 20 credits left to use as you wish on one or more subjects including electives.

If you are not a first year and none of this concerns you, then God help you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

lol arts

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

lol arts

Solid input. Would read again.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

It depends, I think time telling and basic counting (Up to 20) are ten credits each, and they're core.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Fad wrote: »
    It depends, I think time telling and basic counting (Up to 20) are ten credits each, and they're core.

I hear in the exam you are allowed take your shoes and socks off to help count to 20 if you are stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Moderators who bash Arts students are the cooliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Moderators who bash Arts students are the cooliest.

Not bashing arts tbh, I'd happily drop out of CS and do it if I could afford to realistically.

More just generally amused by the OP....

Advertisement