Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JEB job situation, teaching ECDL ?

Options
  • 27-01-2011 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi, can anyone tell me what the job situation is for JEB qualified teachers, I am presently taking the course and want to teach the ECDL. What are my chances of getting a full time job in this line if I pass the exams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

It wont help if you are seeking a position in a publicly funded centre as you must ahve a degree in the subject you wish to teach and be registered with the Teaching Council

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 riverbank

It wont help if you are seeking a position in a publicly funded centre as you must have a degree in the subject you wish to teach and be registered with the Teaching Council

As in a degree, do you mean I must have the ECDL to teach it, which makes sense or do you mean a university degree in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

riverbank wrote: »
    As in a degree, do you mean I must have the ECDL to teach it, which makes sense or do you mean a university degree in ?

If you want to work in a second level school/further education centre etc you must have a university degree, PGDE (teaching qualification) and be registered with the Teaching Council.

Advertisement