Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook new profile feature

Options
  • 27-01-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I was watching BBC's 'Click' program which demonstrated a really neat trick to take one photo, (say a photo of your eyes) and make this photo the one to be spread over the 5 tiles on your (New) Facebook profile page. It looked really great and dispenced with the, sometimes awful photos (tagged ones) that can automatically be displayed. I have searched high and low to find the tip but to no avail. Anybody manage to catch the tip and know how to do this? BBC Web don't like folks outside Britan very much as access to it's site is either restricted or blocked as in iPlayer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Easiest way to do it is chop the photo into 5 and save each one as a separate photo. Upload and tag them in reverse order (so for photo 1 2 3 4 5, you'd upload photo 5 first).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 garrybenson

Magenta wrote: »
    Easiest way to do it is chop the photo into 5 and save each one as a separate photo. Upload and tag them in reverse order (so for photo 1 2 3 4 5, you'd upload photo 5 first).
    Many thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try and see how it looks. The BBC 'Click' tip did all this automatically (I Think!) but I'm now off to use your technique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Many thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try and see how it looks. The BBC 'Click' tip did all this automatically (I Think!) but I'm now off to use your technique.

There's also an app called Profile Banner that does this for you, but the photo has to be a certain resolution (think its 465 * 65 or something).

Advertisement