Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you dream last night?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

I dreamed I was back in London for a visit so I decided to visit my old works. And while I was there they gave me a little interview to be a junior accountant for a couple of months, which is perfect cause I have college in september. I got the job and I was so happy.

then I woke up
    I miss having a job and living in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I barely remember much about it really, but I seemed to be in my old house in the dream. There was a massive tiger in the house, which I was trying to protect faceless people and children. I tried to guide them to, and keep them in a room in the upstairs of the house (I always felt it to be the most calming room there in RL). Despite my efforts to keep everyone there, a few brave ones left the room in a bid to make it to the front door, but the tiger mauled and ate them. By the end of the dream there was just me and this little girl, I think about three. I was determined to get her out of there, and managed to lower her out of the window. I let go once I knew she'd landed and jumped out after her. As I did a team of people were making their way into the front door to sedate the tiger. It was a upsetting because it was realistic.

I can't shake the feeling that I was the little girl, and trying to save myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Dreamt last night that I was knocking on the door of my parent's house, and my Dad, who passed away 7 months ago opened the door ,all smiles. He looked very pale and thin. The first thing that came into my head as I saw him was, make the most of this, he won't be around for much longer. I stepped inside, and Dad put his arm around my shoulder, and we walked down the hall together. It was so vivid, I could feel the weight of his arm around me. I keep smiling today, thinking of it, it almost feels like I was with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

I had a dream last night where my best mate was dying. It was really strange it was one of those dreams that when i woke up i was worried whether it was true or not!can anyone tell me what this could possibly mean. If I was to guess i would say something to do with a change in our friendship or something like that?thanks for any info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

Im for ever having dreams. Last night I had this dream i was in bed looking up at the roof and i seen a spider in the corner and a web wasnt sure if it was at first(i have a fear of them) and then it was heading my direction getting bigger, and loweing down to the bed and i couldnt move i was screaming. I was masive!

God i hate spiders.!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

I have a few recurring dreams. Last eve I dreamt I was winding my way through the streets of my hometown, in search of my childhood home. The streets got windy and unfamiliar and I had to climb onto others rooftops to catch a glimpse. In the dream, someone asked why I wanted to go there, I said because my parents are there (God rest their souls).

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

had a nightmare last night for the first time in years. details are shady,but from what i remember it was a movie where myself and my mates were the characters.

there was a killer in our midst, so we were in the local chipper trying to figure out who it was.

crap, even as i type this its getting harder to remember, but basically we accused some fella of being the killer, and as we were distracted in trying to take him down, the real killer (a priest) cut me in half with a giant scissors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

had a dream that I was going on a stag to Romania of all places ,
    got out of the airport , train into the city ,
    outside the station we went looking for a taxi , ended up in a Ghetto face to face with an angry mob ,my friends got away , i was rescued by a family ,they let me stay over night ,
    got up the next day , and had no option but to run from this house to the hotel , but wouldn't you know the mob (al carrying knives ) where after me running up the main street's of bucharest , ended up getting caught and got beaten up ,
    woke up in a panic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

I missed the boat in my dream, last night. Spent too much time studying, ran down the hill to the harbor, and the last boat had sailed home without me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

This one is really sad:

I dreamt that my brother won the local gaa lotto by cheating and bought a shiny new dung spreader with the money. WTF is going on in my head?:o

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 bartooseboy

im always having recurring dreams... i have 2 in particular.

1) i keep dreaming im awake but cant move or make any noise....im literally paralysed with the fear of somthing...have had this dream so often now i am aware of it being only a dream while i dream it...still scares me though

2) i keep dreaming of crashing my car on the exact same stretch of road....
    the mind is its own place and can make a heaven of hell or a hell of heaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Just had a nap at 11 this morning. Dreamt that I sneaked into a hotel in Galway where a model competition for miss world was taking place. I saw the line of lovely ladies queuing up to go in and walked past security using jedi mind tricks.
    As I sat in the penthouse suite all the women were being brought in for me to have a chat with but here is were it starts to get weird ( as if it hasnt already) it turns out I am actually the boss of a mafia type group and I am kidnapping all these women and exporting them to the far east for the sex industry.
    After about seeing 20 women I get a change of mind and instead hire them all to work in my bakery:confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

In my subconscious, my father and my grandfather tell me they got a new passport for me. They tell me I need to give up the passport I have now (even though it's only a few months old) because they need to cancel it. And my dream ends with me ransacking my bedroom drawers looking for it.

Now this isn't the first dream they've been in but it's the first one they've been in together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I dreamed I was best friends with Metallica. It was excellent!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

dreamt i was in a battle with a fella over a girl, dunno who won:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I dreamt that I had dinner with Sarah Michelle Gellar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I dream't that I was standing out in the back garden and looking at the moon as it was clear with light cloud but as I was looking at the moon the rotation of the earth speeded up and the moon moved very fast over my head and vanished, I ran into the house to get my video camera to record it but couldn't find it so I went back out and everything was normal again until 2 minutes later and the same thing happened again the moon just speeded up crossing the sky. was a weird one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Michael Devers

I met this fella...

scaled.php?server=577&filename=att00049a.jpg&res=medium

Only messing! Found this picture on the 'Airsoft' forum, but I did the text myself.

Had a dream that I went to a friend's house, got in someone's car and started doing a 360, asked him when I'm going back to school, and he said the 26th August...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

lastnight i had a dream i was beating up a dwarf WTF?...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

I had a dream I was in a car crash and was in hospital and after I woke up from the crash I found out I had lost my baby, but I didn't know I was pregnant and everyone was trying to remind me I was pregnant. Everyone was trying to console me but I wasn't sad because I didn't know I was pregnant. Then I woke up for a minute and had to remember if I was really pregnant or not, then realised I wasn't then I head off back to sleep. Was mad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭evry1sm8

I dreamed I was best friends with Metallica. It was excellent!! :)

Brilliant :D bet that dream was enjoyable!!

I dreamed last night that I was going out with Harry Potter...
    How weird.
    Obviously he'd be far too young for me but you know how dreams work- they rarely make sense :)
    It was a good dream though I have to admit, I woke up laughing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I dreamt that a friend of mine who I have fallen out with was showing me her new laptop. The weird thing is that we used to go for a coffee nearly every day, in the dream I could taste coffee. I guess I really miss her even though we haven't spoken for almost 2 years.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

'falling' dream, have it every so often. I'm falling down the side of a steep, rough-edged cliff. Freud would have a field day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I awoke from a coma after a long time, the date was like 2030something. Ireland was out of its economic difficulties, everything was really weird. It was a really depressing sort of dream but interesting. Irish rail had this huge extensive network all over Ireland and it took 30 mins to get the train from Waterford to Dublin :eek:
    After all the years I was out I was handed my college results which I didn't complete and I had gotten a good few passes for some reason.
    I was told and showed many things I missed out on in the long time I was in a coma (cant be bothered including them all here). Then I woke up bursting to go to the toilet, but that dream had made me feel really down.

went back to bed

Then I was in some underground train station when an alarm went off and 2 people stumbled up from one of the dark tunnels and was saying "theyre all dead". Suddenly all these big metal doors started sealing shut the tunnels the tracks went down (like in a tube station) and there was someone saying something about evacuating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 connorsml

1) i keep dreaming im awake but cant move or make any noise....im literally paralysed with the fear of somthing...have had this dream so often now i am aware of it being only a dream while i dream it...still scares me though

I had this dream once. It scared the crap out of me. I woke up and could see the room but I was not able to move. Something invisible but heavy was all around me. I kept trying though, I fought and fought and eventually after what seemed like hours dislodged myself and threw myself towards the light switch at the end of the bed. Unfortunately I went straight through the wall. Then I woke up again, I left the light off this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 connorsml

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I was told and showed many things I missed out on in the long time I was in a coma (cant be bothered including them all here).

Ah come on, you have seen the future, and you won't tell us about it? If I was you I would start a cult, or at least a TV series. Call it Flash Forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Only after waken up after a 3 hour nap, very vivid dream but wont go into detail.
    Lately myself and the girlfriend have been going thru a rough patch, she was in the bed beside me but tonight my dream spanned over a few years, from meeting the very first time - to owning a house together and having a kid.
    It started off well, like we were in RL and then it progressed to the silly arguments and fight's we are having at the moment leading to us separate.
    It was so vivid, I thought it was real!! When I woke up I quickly hugged her to kinda confirm that it didn't happen and despite the bump, we will be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Not sure what I had a dream of last night but the night before I had a dream that I broke up with OH because I didn't love them anymore. Of course I feel the complete opposite though and have no intention of breaking up. In the dream they started crying and begged me to not leave them, it was a bit overwhelming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm pregnant, and I dreamt last night that I was in the delivery room, and all of The Sopranos were outside waiting to see what I had. And yet at the same time in the dream, I was watching it on TV and laughing at the absurdity of it with my partner. I'm dreaming about The Sopranos the whole time, particularly Uncle Paulie. Maybe it's a pregnancy thing:confused:

Advertisement