Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which fertility clinic?

Options
  • 27-01-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey everyone i cannot remember my user and password when i do i will repost as myself. i was just diagnosed with PCOS. what do you think? i saw my doctor today, he gave me a referral letter for a gynocologist, he gave me the number for the rotunda and another private doctor, can anyone recommend a good clinic? i have read people often move from the rotunda to different clinics, i am not a millionaire but i would like one that will be the best for me. how much is the first consultation usually? xxx thank you xxx here is my results of blood and ultrasound
    TSH: 2.68
    T4 FREE: 15.7
    PROLACTIN: 125
    LH: 22.2
    FSH: 6.4
    SHBG: 34.2
    TESTOSTERONE: 2.7
    COMMENTS: LH >10 AND TESTOSTERONE >2.5 WHICH SUGGESTS PCOD, ALTHOUGH IDEALLY TAKEN ON 1ST WEEK OF CYCLE PUT PATIENT HAS AMENNORHOEA,
    LH:FSH=MORE THAN 3:1 SUGGESTING PCOD.
    USS AND CLINICAL FEATURES AND BLOODS SUGGESTING PCOD,
    MY ULTRASOUND SAYS:
    THE UTERUS AND OVARIES ARE WELL SEEN. THE UTERUS IS NORMAL. THE OVARIES ARE OF NORMAL SIZE BUT THERE ARE MULTIPLE PERIPHERAL FOLLICLES PRESENT BILLATERALLY AND THESE REPRESENT EARLY CHANGES OF POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME, CLINICAL AND BIOCHEMICAL CORRELATION ADVISED, NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT FINDING WITHIN THE PELVIS, BOTH KIDNEYS ARE NORMAL AS IS THE URINARY BLADDER.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I know someone who used the Galway clinic see www.fertilitycare.ie for more information. She then used the Hari clinic in the Rotunda and her baby is due this summer.
    You look up www.hari.ie for more information.
    If you have health insurance with Quinn you may be able to claim up to a €1000 towards ivf ect. You may be also be able to claim 20% back of costs with the med one form via the revenue website so keep your receipts.
    I don't have medical training so I can't advise you on your test results but good luck with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I would recomend Sims in Dundrum, I attended the priavate clinic in Rotunda, then Hari before moving over to Sims. Wish Id done it quicker. They are top of their game in Ireland & have are more advanced in their methods & testing. Also you will get much more individual care. Im now pregnant with twins :) Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I went to Rishi in the Rotunda private clinic and then after a few consults, tests etc, went straight to ivf in the Hari unit. I'm due a little boy in 10 weeks after my first course of ivf and also have some snow babies.
    There is a lot of travelling involved in ivf, in and out for scans etc, can even be on a daily basis, so bear this in mind when choosing a clinic.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I would recommend Cork Fertility Clinic run by Dr. John Waterstone. I had four IVF treatments in that clinic and the staff are all excellent. Thankfully on our fourth attempt we did get become pregnant and now have a DD who is just gorgeous. I too have PCOS and always found Dr. W very very understanding to ladies with PCOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ilovefridays

I too have PCOS. I am attending Clane, and am happy enough with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SHELLBABE10

Im going to clane also though i dont have pcos but endometriosis.I had to have an ovary and tube removed because of it over a year ago.So we decided to go to clane for some help.I find them very nice and friendly and very helpfull down there plus i think their a small bit cheaper than any of the clinics in dublin.

Hi there, first time on this site, wanted to say I am in the HARI Unit and finding them good, starting soon, had our interview. they have offered us assisted hatching and blastocyst. cant wait to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

scarlet43 wrote: »
    Hi there, first time on this site, wanted to say I am in the HARI Unit and finding them good, starting soon, had our interview. they have offered us assisted hatching and blastocyst. cant wait to start.

Hi scarlet43

I just want to wish you the best of luck with your cycle and of course I hope you get the "positive" outcome you so want.

If you want to ask any questions or need any any support - please don't hesitate to pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mawkchunk

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any info on clinics in the UK. We've had two failed attempts at Clane, and I think I have implantation issues. They don't do any immunology or genetic testing in Ireland, so the UK is our only choice....any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 daisymaisy123

Hi,

I've been attending the Galway Clinic for IUI, sadly it has been unsuccessful. I am considering IVF and I wonder if anybody has any recoomendations as to where is the best clinic to attend?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭millie14

Hi, I can recommend
    Dr Waterstones clinic, the cork fertility centre, it's in cork though so you would have to travel. I found Dr Waterstone and his staff amazing and he was my consultant for the the delivery of my twins and did an amazing job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Contact the HARI unit in the Rotunda also. I can't recommend them highly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Had a bad experience with Cork Fertility Clinic so I would avoid. More advanced technology re IVF ICSI is in the UK. That's where we went & have our own little girl from it. Good luck with your journey & hope u have success with it.

Go with the clinic closest to home, believe me you will be going a lot! HARI ourselves, can't really fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Farmerstatia

Hi everyone new to this. Myself and my fiance have been told I'm suffering from blocked tubes and fluid.. we had our first consultation with Dr Egan in Galway fertility clinic and I'm just wondering does anyone think they are good or bad?? We just want the best chance at getting pregnant through ivf.. all comments and advice greatly appreciated we are very very nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Anywhere in the South East?? Is Dublin the nearest?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

ayrfield in kilkenny. I am sure there are some in waterford too.

fits wrote: »
    ayrfield in kilkenny. I am sure there are some in waterford too.

Do they carry out IVF?

Just checked there and yes.
    http://repromed.ie/

Looked into Kk. The actual IVF takes place in the Dublin clinic so not an advantage. God it sucks that IVF is city only. Us country bumkins have to trek. :-(

• Advertisement

Looked into Kk. The actual IVF takes place in the Dublin clinic so not an advantage. God it sucks that IVF is city only. Us country bumkins have to trek. :-(

It probably requires expensive equipment and not worth doing in regional towns for smaller patient numbers...

Corks fertility clinic is now in Waterford on Tuesday's thankfully. Nothing closer I'm afraid

Advertisement