Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme sports athletes and energy drinks

Options
  • 27-01-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Do you believe the athletes who are sponsored by red bull,monster,mountain dew,rockstar,amp and others drink these or are their containers really filled with water?
    It's kind of hard to believe people being so fit active and competitive doing so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

wideangle wrote: »
    Do you believe the athletes who are sponsored by red bull,monster,mountain dew,rockstar,amp and others drink these or are their containers really filled with water?
    It's kind of hard to believe people being so fit active and competitive doing so.

1. i doubt when you are seeing them in the likes of the X-games that they are drinking them during competition and in interviews when they grab a can its obvious promotion

2. they can be performance enhancers so im sure some do

3. i imagine a lot of those guys do their best to not drink as much the rest of us and they are pretty handy replacement for alcohol on a night out so id be more inclined to believe they use it in their recreational time

4. extreme sports athletes tend (tend) to not be as worried about diet and nutrition as more traditional athletes so it wouldnt suprise me if they did

5. personally id way rather drink a red bull or a monster ripper(my personal favourite) then 7 cups of coffee over the course of the day

6. as far as red bull goes their individual sponsorship deals really have nothing to do with selling red bull and are meaningless when taken individually. their strategy is to be the company that pays for all this bad ass stuff to happen, support the best in the world in almost anything and everything and as a result people will think we are a cool company. they arent thinking oh ill buy this base jumper 3 new canopys with red bull on them and pay him 4 million to create a 3d movie about base jumping because it will sell X number of cans its more complicated then that, imo

7. alot of these companies like monster energy etc are new young companies full of energetic people who are crazy about their hobbies and want to support it. dc shoes is the same, that skater guy who had the show with the big black guy is the same. they want to make money but they pour absolute millions back into the grass roots stuff that got them were they are without a massive expectation of direct return on investment. they are like the new breed of rich were gathering up as much money in the bank is not the cool thing anymore (Ala the old wallstreet rich) the cool thing to do is think of bad ass ways to spend your money

Advertisement