Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bertie Ahern "I wish someone had told me the situation with the banks"

• 27-01-2011 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

How dare he say that! Economists were telling him for years THERE IS A PROBLEM. But he'd rather suggest that they commit suicide than listen to them...

FU BERTIE, HOW DARE YOU TREAT THE ELECTORATE LIKE IDIOTS, HOW DARE YOU!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

No matter how many times he was told, or will be told, even new threads about it, the slimey weasel will always be happy but grossly out of touch in his own little world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Skipmeister

Dont we all Bertie, dont we all....

Bertie is a man of the people, and you lot will never take that away from him! Begrudgers is all you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the banks tried ringing him loads of time but he was too busy on the phone to paddy the plasterer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is that the situation where the banks don't know the difference between sterling and punt lodgements ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Bertie is a man of the people, and you lot will never take that away from him! Begrudgers is all you are.

He was told time and time again that there was a serious problem with the banks, the property sector etc and it was all going to end in tears... what does he do on national television? "I don't know how these economists don't commit suicide"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

the banks tried ringing him loads of time but he was too busy on the phone to paddy the plasterer

The banks only wanted to borrow money from him, but he refused to unstitch any of his mattresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

But he'd rather suggest that they commit suicide than listen to them...

what does he do on national television? "I don't know how these economists don't commit suicide"

And in light of recent developments , the more times you see and read that quote that more smack in the face like a wet fish it is :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

What situation with the banks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

PK2008 wrote: »
    What situation with the banks?

A sexy situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

But how could he hear the phone ringing inside 'the Galway tent'.

Bertie Ahern "I wish someone had told me the situation with the banks"

Yousef Salmon Eyebrow "I wish you'd fcuk off back to your cupboard Bertie"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

He said once we must not upset the apple tart :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 davido

Jesus, how bad is that? Blind ignorange or really not giving a ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

He'll probably get voted back in... GOD BLESS THE IRISH! We voted Mr Lowry in after accepting from Ben Dunne a 250 thousand euro extension on his house... god bless the peeps in Tipperary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Can we not set up a 'We hate Fianna Fail' section? All these threads are getting annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

bertie big bollocks strikes again

Maybe you are getting annoying :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bozley

You've got to admire him though! Having a brass neck like that and truly treating us all like fools. Funny how John Gilligan gets 20 yrs in jail cos he won his money on the horses. Bertie won his on the dogs and now they wanna make him president????? If criminality was taxed, Gilligan would be sitting up their beside them in the Dail!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Bertie has some pair of balls you can't deny that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I really have to laugh at how people get upset by Berties comments. The man is a lying, sneaky toe rag that I wouldn't piss on if he were to go up in flames in front of my eyes.

I just want the prick to fcuk off & stop talking shyte about things he clearly never understood & will never have the intelligence to understand.

Don't waste your energy on the likes of the Berties or the Seanies of the past because it will get you nowhere fast. Start hoping that this country is capable of electing people into power that will make an attempt to right all the wrongs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

poor bertie leave him alone :pac:

dave1982 wrote: »
    Bertie has some pair of balls you can't deny that:D

He has some stones on him alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Start hoping that this country is capable of electing people into power that will make an attempt to right all the wrongs.
    Do you honestly think such people exist?

hondasam wrote: »
    poor bertie leave him alone :pac:

Indeed. I'd say he'll be crying himself to sleep when his pension lands in his account each month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Do you honestly think such people exist?

No, not at the moment but hopefully in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

he's even thicker than I thought. to think that people thought he was god-like, the fools:rolleyes:

he's a third rate chancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Aherns comments today, and his swearing at the woman outside the Dail, show that he knows his 'legacy' is fubared and he has cracked a little - his comments about the Bertie Bowl show how he's lost it.

And all the guff about him being the catalyst for peace in the North will be exposed as well.

History will not be kind to the gurrier, and he is starting to realise it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

How dare he say that! Economists were telling him for years THERE IS A PROBLEM. But he'd rather suggest that they commit suicide than listen to them...

FU BERTIE, HOW DARE YOU TREAT THE ELECTORATE LIKE IDIOTS, HOW DARE YOU!! :mad:

I couldn't be more serious when I say that I haven't laughed as much in years as I did tonight when I watched Ahern as he shrugged his shoulders and said: "I wish someone had told me the situation with the banks". I just stared in disbelief. The absolute brass neck on him. If you don't laugh you'd cry.

No doubt there are some backward people who, totally oblivious to the seriousness of what Bertie Ahern presided over, still hold a sneaking regard for that man and love that sort of performance. Contemptible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Come on, we all know this is just a charade, right? Small, open economy...Ahern was a surfer who got lucky on the biggest wave of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Aherns comments today, and his swearing at the woman outside the Dail, show that he knows his 'legacy' is fubared and he has cracked a little - his comments about the Bertie Bowl show how he's lost it.

And all the guff about him being the catalyst for peace in the North will be exposed as well.

History will not be kind to the gurrier, and he is starting to realise it.
    strange thing is, I dont think he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Who was he telling to commit suicide then?

Advertisement