Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Resolutions & secret pleasures -whats yours

Options
  • 28-01-2011 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭

Mine last year was to try not to be such a smartarse on boards - not just not rising to the bait.

I lasted until the 29th of June and went down spectacularly on June 29th in the Gentlemans Club and got a ban .

I havent had a ban or infraction since.

This year on the path to self improvement I promised myself I would watch 1 TV programme I like every day.

So since Jan 1st I have watched at least an episode of Jerry Springer a day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

CDfm wrote: »

This year on the path to self improvement I promised myself I would watch 1 TV programme I like every day.

So since Jan 1st I have watched at least an episode of Jerry Springer a day.

excuse, op, did you mean you have to kind of pushing yourself to watch TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

booksale wrote: »
    excuse, op, did you mean you have to kind of pushing yourself to watch TV?

No, it means I am not embarressed about doing the things I like.

Jerry rocks- relieves stress after a tough day.

Reading Ulysses is great if you enjoy that sort of thing (and I have) ,as is Beckett , but if you don't like it then its a chore. I have a friend who at 35 has started going to ballet and he really enjoys it.

So Jerry Springer is my guilty pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Mine's judge judy!! It's nice to feel better than others!

cantdecide wrote: »
    Mine's judge judy!! It's nice to feel better than others!

An excellent choice.

She hits parts that Miriam Finucane just doesn't and Joe Duffy can't fathom.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

um, i got it now.

i have a little bit addiction on a little bit something that's really indeed not really harmful but not healthy either.

and i need to quit it not because of the embarrassment or what, but because of myself. :rolleyes:

OK, back to the topic, I am thinking to get myself a tattoo for my 35 yo birthday. this is kind of a secret pleasure as I know some of my family and older generation friends or even some friends my age as well would not be happy with the idea.

well, havent yet made up my mind though.

• Advertisement

On an addiction, it is probably better to speak to your GP if you have a good one.

At 35 you should sort have an idea on what you find aesthetically pleasing and providing it is not something that would cause you problems , work or otherwise , I dont really see a problem. In my book, nazi insignia's on your forehead would be a no-no.

If on the other hand you have a tattoo of a butterfly on your bum or whatever it has to be something that you like.

Oh, at 35 you also do not have to eat sprouts at Christmas -no matter what your brother says.

On the tattoo, make a thoughtfull decision , weighing up the pro's and con's.

A part of dealing with an addiction is the confidence to do son - a bit like life .

Advertisement