Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diving in Ireland?

• 28-01-2011 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Could anyone offer some advice about diving here in Ireland?

I learned to dive in the lovely warm waters of the Indian Ocean. I have not been diving since..that was nearly 4 years ago now!

Im just wondering what its like diving here and also do you need a dry suit?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Generally during the summer you'll be ok with a 9mm semi-dry suit (with hood, gloves and booties). Outside of that it depends on your comfort levels but I guess most divers would use/aspire to use a dry suit. Dry suits require additional training btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tropics

i figured there may be a dry suit course in my future:)
    its been a long time since I have been in the water. But I am starting to feel the need to get back in there!
    thanks for the advice rcdk1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

No worries.
    Although i originally trained here, I'm in a similar position to you, as the last time I dived was on honeymoon in Fiji two years ago. There's great diving to be had here in Ireland, but there's nothing like coming out of the water to a warm tropical sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Suggest you do a bit of snorkelling b4 sheeling out on a dry suit and course. There is some great stuff underwater in Ireland but its not always visible and the weather doesn't always play ball either but when its good there is no other place like it in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭yankinlk

There was a french fella named jaques cousteau you may have heard of him. Quoted as saying the best diving in europe can be found in Kilkee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 tropics

Kilkee has been mentioned most times I have talked to anyone about diving!! Must get over there and check it out. I also hear that renvyle( i hope I spelt that correctly) is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

hi tropics . diving in ireland depending on the dive site is amazing . the key is knowing when and where to dive .

im a member of a club and most of our members are summer time divers and dive in semi dry suits . ( same as a wet suit ) and most of the serious divers move on to dry suits .

Advertisement