Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocating from Galway to maralbourgh boston

Options
  • 28-01-2011 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have been offered a job relocation from Galway to maralbourgh, Boston. Have to decide in the next few days what to do! So hard trying to decide!! Has anyone else been through this or taken this risk? I'm I crazy!!
    All help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

How long for? Would they sponsor you for a greencard if you wanted to stay? Do you have family (esp. young kids in school) to consider?

In general, if you have no family committments in ireland and they pay for the relocation, go for it! It'll be good to broaden your horizons, and great for the career too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Corcoe

Hi Silja,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I do not have any family, I'm in my mid twenties and single with bonfire in Ireland. work will organise my visa, and help with giving me the name of an agency to help me with the relocation.

My only worry is I'm very happy here in Galway the only fear I have is a fear of the unknown I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Corcoe wrote: »
    Hi Silja,
    I do not have any family, I'm in my mid twenties and single with bonfire in Ireland. work will organise my visa, and help with giving me the name of an agency to help me with the relocation.

My only worry is I'm very happy here in Galway the only fear I have is a fear of the unknown I guess...

The Boston area is really cool. Very laid back and allot of fun. Marlborough is a little outside of Boston, and you may need to commute (to and from Boston) or live out there. I would personally prefer to live in Boston and commute. There are allot of communities with 1st generation Irish and you can find yourself meeting people originally from your areas at home easily. If you have any q's you can pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Corcoe wrote: »
    Hi Silja,

Mate, do it, you'll have a right laugh.

Advertisement