Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grafters - Documentary. Are you a Grafter?

• 28-01-2011 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

What are your dreams? Where would you like to see yourself in 5 or ten years? Does it sometimes seem impossible? We'd like to take the journey with you the highs and the lows.
    Myself and two colleagues are making a 30 min documentary about grafters which is shooting over the next few months. (Jan 27 - March 3rd) People who are the honest backbone of the country. We don't want fairy tales. We'd prefer to here it how it is. The ups .. and yes the downs. It's only with the truth that others can learn from our mistakes. So if you stack shelves for minimum wage, or are working the car boot sales like a regular del boy. Or if you have three kids but can still make it into college. Self employed? Been recently made unemployed? Man or woman. Girl or boy. We'd love to hear your story. And so would a lot of people. Please send me a pm, post here. Or contact me via email with your contact details and a paragraph or two about yourself: khruken@yahoo.ie

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kenan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Isn't grafters another word for conmen?

Saw Confidence the other day, good film
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_(2003_film)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

mrpeech wrote: »
    Hi,

What are your dreams? Where would you like to see yourself in 5 or ten years? Does it sometimes seem impossible? We'd like to take the journey with you the highs and the lows.
    Myself and two colleagues are making a 30 min documentary about grafters which is shooting over the next few months. (Jan 27 - March 3rd) People who are the honest backbone of the country. We don't want fairy tales. We'd prefer to here it how it is. The ups .. and yes the downs. It's only with the truth that others can learn from our mistakes. So if you stack shelves for minimum wage, or are working the car boot sales like a regular del boy. Or if you have three kids but can still make it into college. Man or woman. Girl or boy. We'd love to hear your story. And so would everyone else. Please send me a pm, post here. Or contact me via email with your contact details and a paragraph or two about yourself: khruken@yahoo.ie

Kenan

I make 30 minute documentaries about the ordinary working people of Ireland and I ain't this guy:

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/o_gorman.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

i'm typing aren't i.. very much hands-on

i'm a grafter.

eg "christ i'm gonna have to graft one off later."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

We'd love to hear your story. And so would everyone else.

I wouldn't.

seriously though isn't a grafter like the builder from Alan Partridge? the bricks and mortar; the blood and sweat .. as alan might say :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

I wouldn't.

That's your prerogative. But saying you wouldn't is like saying you don't want to listen to anybody. You never know what people have gone through. The person begging on the side of the road could have been a millionaire and threw it all away on booze and broads, as many have. What documentaries do you like? Restrepo? Dark days? Catfish? they are all based around individuals stories. And I won't know what they'll be like till I hear them. So you should reserve your judgement till you do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

I think that's a grifter.

We're using grafters as some of the participants are buskers and street performers on Grafton st. But i take your point.

That's your prerogative. But saying you wouldn't is like saying you don't want to listen to anybody.

No it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

Myself and two colleagues are making a 30 min documentary about grafters which is shooting over the next few months. (Jan 27 - March 3rd) People who are the honest backbone of the country. We don't want fairy tales. We'd prefer to here it how it is. The ups .. and yes the downs. It's only with the truth that others can learn from our mistakes.

the last thing a genuine grafter would do, is go on t.v banging on about what a great worker they are, so you're gonna be making a show about people who wanna be famous by pretending to be grafters.Be a luck with it.

• Advertisement

We're using grafters as some of the participants are buskers and street performers on Grafton st.

fúcking grifters if you ask me.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Drifter is it? The chocolate bar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

How much are you paying?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    How much are you paying?

2 Drifter bars per episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭stevejr

And in return for our life-stories what will you give us?

Seriously do you think an officious sounding thread-opening will get you feed-back in AH?

We want incentives. Pretend like you're FF looking for a vote...go on beg...there's a good boy. Pat Pat.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Kenan

Kel loves orange soda

the last thing a genuine grafter would do, is go on t.v banging on about what a great worker they are, so you're gonna be making a show about people who wanna be famous by pretending to be grafters.Be a luck with it.

You're right for the most part. But there are a lot of people who'd be willing to highlight the inequities in the job market, housing or some of the more obstructive policies of the social welfare system for example if they thought it could bring about some greater good.

stevejr wrote: »
    And in return for our life-stories what will you give us?

Seriously do you think an officious sounding thread-opening will get you feed-back in AH?

We want incentives. Pretend like you're FF looking for a vote...go on beg...there's a good boy. Pat Pat.

Christ, is that all people do on here talk crap? How is that question officious? And why would you waste time trying to teach me etiquette, or how wrong I am? There are literally millions of eejits in the world. Do you expect to school them all? Don't you have better things to be doing? Taking my own advice I'll leave you all to it.

Don't you have better things to be doing?

At 1am on a Thursday night?

That would be a "no".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Kenan

Where's Kel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

At 1am on a Thursday night?

He's not gonna waste his time teaching you clock etiquitte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Christ, is that all people do on here talk crap? How is that question officious? And why would you waste time trying to teach me etiquette, or how wrong I am? There are literally millions of eejits in the world. Do you expect to school them all? Don't you have better things to be doing? Taking my own advice I'll leave you all to it.

Welcome to After Hours buddy she can be a harsh mistress

Advertisement