Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divide up the form

Options
  • 28-01-2011 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey all
    I was just thinking that since the model forum is so popular that for people to find what type of model stuff they want be it Model trains , RCs ect.. it might be easier if the forum was divided up into a Model railway forum RC forum and so on so that it would be more user friendly.

Thanks for listening

tracks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

tracks wrote: »
    Hey all
    I was just thinking that since the model forum is so popular that for people to find what type of model stuff they want be it Model trains , RCs ect.. it might be easier if the forum was divided up into a Model railway forum RC forum and so on so that it would be more user friendly.

Thanks for listening

tracks :D

It probably does not have the traffic volume for that maybe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I could definitely see us doing it if the active threads got to a certain level. But we've a bit to go yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Boards.ie as a whole is growing - up to the 2 million visitors per month figure (Google Analytics) and up into the top 4000 ranked sites

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

not enough traffic

there are also plenty of model rail forums if you are looking for something specific

apart from the Irish one linked in sig the two biggest in the uk would be
    rmweb.co.uk
    modelrailforum.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Agree with CM. There's just isn't enough traffic. It would die a death if we all huddled in our little corners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

I think it would be good to break up the forum into more car/train/boat sections. It seems to be very biased towards RC stuff and not everyone is into that stuff. I'm more into scale model cars and boats and on the rare occasion I posted I was left in the wilderness....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Ali Babba wrote: »
    I think it would be good to break up the forum into more car/train/boat sections. It seems to be very biased towards RC stuff and not everyone is into that stuff. I'm more into scale model cars and boats and on the rare occasion I posted I was left in the wilderness....

The same people will be looking at the sectioned forum anyway as the traffic on it is very light. It probably seems biased towards RC because a lot of modellers are probably into radio control models. Anyone is free to use and post on the models forum so its not really biased i would`t think anyway. Im surprised how quiet it gets at times though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

robbie7730 wrote: »
    ....Anyone is free to use and post on the models forum so its not really biased i would`t think anyway. Im surprised how quiet it gets at times though.

You have hit on the key there Robbie.
    The quiet times are still coming every so often. We have grown a lot, and they are fewer now however. The Admins judge by activity. We have most activity in the warmer months as people get out with their models. As our activity goes up even more in 2011 this will become a viable option.

Advertisement