Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Dad was in town today and saw a little girl freezing with only a dress

• 28-01-2011 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

She was about 1 and a half years old. She had a small dress but no socks or tights. Her legs were literally almost a different colour.

Yet there was the mother pushing her with fag in hand and the fella beside her. It's a disgrace that this happens, I am surpised she hasn't been reported to the social already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Did you report it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

your da's a perv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

your da's a perv

A concerned perv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

CorkMan wrote: »
    My Dad was in town today and saw a little girl freezing with only a dress

What did he do to help this poor girl that was freezing?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Ring Joe Duffy and get him to ban dresses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

hondasam wrote: »
    Did you report it ?

yeah op, report it. press the red triangle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

My Dad was a little girl freezing with only a dress

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Ring Joe Duffy and get him to ban dresses.

She was wearing a dress Joe. It's a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Where was this?

<ahem>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

This makes me really depressed. Just before bed. Cheers OP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Which town? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

orourkeda wrote: »
    She was wearing a dress Joe. It's a joke

Well Joe, I think Dresses have been responsible for a lot problems in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

giggidy goo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

That is horrible the poor child! This is a form of neglect :( It's sad people are getting away with treating children like this :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

was she selling matchsticks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Yet there was the mother pushing her with fag in hand and the fella beside her. It's a disgrace that this happens, I am surpised she hasn't been reported to the social already.

So, probably with her mother and father, and :eek: the mother smokes.
    Stop putting in irrelevant facts (more likely fiction) to make your thread more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

pfff... I was out last Saturday morning and saw this seriously cute Japanese girl by the subway in a tiny little tartan skirt and ankle socks. It was -26. I felt sorry for her, sort of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Which town? :D

silent hill by the sound of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

She was about 1 and a half years old. She had a small dress but no socks or tights. Her legs were literally almost a different colour.

Her parents are just getting her used to the cold early.

Global warming won't save her you know.

Ice Age a coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

The Mother is probably the same one who came to the doctor today for an STD test and brought her boyfriend along!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

pfff... I was out last Saturday morning and saw this seriously cute Japanese girl by the subway in a tiny little tartan skirt and ankle socks. It was -26. I felt sorry for her, sort of.
    Didn't stop you raping her though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Jasuzzz. After hours really are a nasty bunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Dave! wrote: »
    Didn't stop you raping her though

I raped the bleedin' head off her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

Why must you post such banal threads? Please stop. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

You mean to tell me that the mother dressed her child and went out on the street with her? The bitch!

maybe she was wearing fake tan on her legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Senna wrote: »
    So, probably with her mother and father, and :eek: the mother smokes. Stop putting in irrelevant facts (more likely fiction) to make your thread more interesting.

Perfectly relevant. You challenge some bint like the one in the OP and you'll hear some sob story about how she can't afford to clothe 'da childers'..... how much does a pair of socks or those little tights things cost for a kid that age? €3, €4 in Penneys? How much is a box of fags these days? Some people have no clue about priorities.

prinz wrote: »
    Perfectly relevant. You challenge some bint like the one in the OP and you'll hear some sob story about how she can't afford to clothe 'da childers'..... how much does a pair of socks or those little tights things cost for a kid that age? €3, €4 in Penneys? How much is a box of fags these days? Some people have no clue about priorities.

All joking aside, there could well be a good explanation . Before will all hang draw and quarter the mother.

Maybe the kid lashed her blanket out of the pram. Maybe her nappy exploded all over her tights. In my experience , this is what 18 month old kids do.
    There is more likely reasons other than child abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

+1

Typical standard of a Corkman thread

Give it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

You haven't had much to do with kids, OP. Most of them don't feel the cold like adults do. I was nearly reported to social services once because at 7am on a frosty November morning a few years ago, after having a bath two of my boys ran outside, stark bollock naked to play on their bikes. I was oblivious upstairs clearing up the apres-bath lake before it leaked to the sitting room ceiling below. A friend's visitors driving through the estate saw them and were incandescent with rage when they arrived at her house at what they perceived to be the neglect of their mother.

A friend's two year old daughter used to shed her all her clothes at every opportunity wherever she was and whatever the temperature was, as soon as her mother looked away for a minute.

Even now when I return from the school run in the morning, I catch the two who get the school bus heading off without jackets, gloves, hats etc - even during the worst of last December's weather because the extras clothes are a nuisance to them and it's not cold anyway!

Give the woman a break - her daughter is probably going through a hate tights and trousers phase. It's not worth anyone's sanity trying to convince a child that they need to be warm when they are in that mode. She was probably trying to use it as a lesson learned opportunity but I doubt it worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ever open a reply dialog and start to type something, but just think fuck it I'll scratch my bollix instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

TheZohan wrote: »
    What did he do to help this poor girl that was freezing?

What might his realistic options be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

You haven't had much to do with kids, OP. Most of them don't feel the cold like adults do. I was nearly reported to social services once because at 7am on a frosty November morning a few years ago, after having a bath two of my boys ran outside, stark bollock naked to play on their bikes.

Yeah but your boys are aged 19 and 22.
    Hardly the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Which town?

/seriously, this is really not interesting. I expected some kind of homeless girl, not someone out for a walk with their parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭xE

your da's a perv
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Yeah but your boys are aged 19 and 22.
    Hardly the same thing.

:D

True, when I said they wanted to call social welfare I actually meant the Gardaí.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Why don't you stop trolling. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Isn't it always sunny in Cork?

*Cancels holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Did you inform the local authorities e.g. The priests!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is Cork now the rabble rabble county?

• Advertisement
Advertisement