Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Business Broadband Waterford Off?

• 28-01-2011 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭

Are there any other Waterford users on BT Business broadband having problems logging in?

BT were upgrading their lines and the line here was upgraded last Friday. The cut-off date for the old system was 27/Jan (Yesterday). The change involved moving from a Bridge Mode connection to PPPoE and a new router (2wire) was supplied. It was working up until last night circa 2300. But now the router is showing a red LED error for the broadband connection and the Link Test shows that it is unable to connect to the login service but the DSL service on the line shows it being connected and synchronised.

Regards...jmcc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Seems to be a fault at the particular Waterford exchange. No ETA to fix and don't know if others on same exchange are affected.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Apparently the blame lies with eircom and their exchanges. Major outage problem in the south east. Wexford, wicklow and Waterford seem to be affected. My Internet went around a similar time yesterday. I'm with utv and that's what they said. No ETA either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

I'm in Carrick-on-suir & eircom broadband is off since last night here too. I had a few people ringing me to come over & "fix their Internet". It must all be related, a lad in my class in college said it was off in kilmacthomas last night too. :mad:

If it is the South East then it must be a bad fault.

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

im on eircom and my broadband is also gone since last night. Any idea when this will be fixed? Will it be fixed by tonight do you think?

• Advertisement

im on eircom and my broadband is also gone since last night. Any idea when this will be fixed? Will it be fixed by tonight do you think?
    Well they are working on it at the moment and it has even made RTE news.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0128/broadband.html

Regards...jmcc

It is back up. However a bunch of public IP addresses here are still missing.

Regards...jmcc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Still not back here in Kilkenny. Rang today and was fed a line about it being an issue with authentication servers. I was told the only workaround they had at the moment was to turn the router off for an hour. ****ing lol. Joke of an organisation.

Still not back here in Kilkenny. Rang today and was fed a line about it being an issue with authentication servers. I was told the only workaround they had at the moment was to turn the router off for an hour. ****ing lol. Joke of an organisation.
    Seems to be slowly coming back to life. I don't know the network topology so it might be that they are gradually restoring service one exchange at a time.

Regards...jmcc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Anyone know what caused it? Some madman in a JCB perhaps? :-)

• Advertisement

Anyone know what caused it? Some madman in a JCB perhaps? :-)
    Some faults in the exchange apparently. As the other exchanges feed into the Waterford exchange, the other exchanges on the network would have winked out as connectivity to the authentication server was lost.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement