Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neil prenderville set to return to the airwaves

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Post traumatic stress :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

He's going all Charlie Sheen now:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

It's Lent, we don't need any missionaries on the pulpit, Neil is better than them all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭redhat244

gbee wrote: »
    "He was crap and obnoxious and his wife was like his producer ……… I wasn't a good friend to people"

I guess now's the time to look for a dig out?

You have to die before you die!! Sounds a bit like re-birthing to me! At this rate he'll eventually be a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN and change his name to Matthew after the Fr Matthew. As regards no prosecution wait till the Met Police do him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Good to have him back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

He is only human after all.

The whole thing seems to have made him a better person, good for him.

dave1982 wrote: »
    He's going all Charlie Sheen now:rolleyes:

Are you suggesting theres more women!! and isnt his wife editor of a magazine!! And now he's lost in France writing and yet bringing his Son into the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

To be fair he made a big mistake and in my opinion he has been punished enough and seems to have realised the pain that he has caused his family and others. Its something that he will never live down and people will never forget about it. He's only human after all! Judging from this interview it does seem to have brought him down to earth a bit and good luck to him!

To be fair he made a big mistake and in my opinion he has been punished enough and seems to have realised the pain that he has caused his family and others. Its something that he will never live down and people will never forget about it. He's only human after all! Judging from this interview it does seem to have brought him down to earth a bit and good luck to him!

Maybe he'll end up in NAMA!!!

Did I detect an air of boredom from PJ as he went to this ad break?

• Advertisement

gbee wrote: »
    Did I detect an air of boredom from PJ as he went to this ad break?

No he's just been sickened by Neil telling him that he's millions in debt! and poor old PJ back in his cage on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

this ^ people aren't perfect, people make mistakes, some people learn from them and move on in a positive direction. and personally i despise anyone who tries to hold a person back by using their past against them or judging them on something they did. (past tense)

everyone gets their comeuppance at some stage if they think they are better then anyone/everyone, he has gotten his and learned from it, thats whats important now, again not what he did but what he will do from now on.

sorry i'm just sick to my teeth of this Irish 'kick them while they are down' attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I much prefer PJ than Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

sorry i'm just sick to my teeth of this Irish 'kick them while they are down' attitude.

Too true. I think we should all offer him a helping hand.

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Too true. I think we should all offer him a helping hand.

Is it that big? or do you mean one at a time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I almost felt sorry for the poor mite when he said he had to get the ferry to France as he can't fly Aer Lingus anymore. ;)

I'm not kicking him while he's down by any means as we do all make mistakes. How he's handled it (no pun intended!) it what's worse for me. He's trying to style himself as some kind of fallen 'man of the people', we all make mistakes, I'm only human, my poor wife and kiddies, I need to get back to work to support my kids, I know how people feel in this recession because I haven't worked in so many months etc etc.

Just to clarify, as one of the 'people' I can say with relative certainty that if I were a guy and had the equipment I still wouldn't be conducting myself like that on a plane - painkillers or no painkillers. He came across as an arrogant self-pitying fool and his man of the people garb was insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Listening to the "interview" earlier and the fact that it's on the Matt Cooper Show on Today FM now - I'm even more p'd off. Is this for real??? Are we supposed to feel sorry for this man. Mr. Prendeville didn't take prisoners when he was trying to valiantly represent a cause - ( i.e. the cause being representing himself as a Howard Stern Wannabee). I can't listen to any more of this. If anybody, in any job behaved in such a fashion, or if anybody in no job behaved in such a fashion - they would have the book thrown at them. This man was representing CORK at the event he attended in London, so that freebie/representation means that he travelled/attended function/returned on behalf of the people of CORK. There is no excuse for that behaviour - this constant blaming it on alcohol - well, as he was representing the people of CORK - he shouldn't have got so damn drunk. He made a fool of himself and the people of CORK. He is no "knight in shining armour" - and myself and colleagues were disgusted at the interview this morning and more disgusted at those who advertised during this time slot - when there would be a big audience. Bad marketing ploy on all accounts. But that's just my opinion. J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Judes wrote: »
    Listening to the "interview" earlier and the fact that it's on the Matt Cooper Show on Today FM now - I'm even more p'd off. Is this for real??? Are we supposed to feel sorry for this man. Mr. Prendeville didn't take prisoners when he was trying to valiantly represent a cause - ( i.e. the cause being representing himself as a Howard Stern Wannabee). I can't listen to any more of this. If anybody, in any job behaved in such a fashion, or if anybody in no job behaved in such a fashion - they would have the book thrown at them. This man was representing CORK at the event he attended in London, so that freebie/representation means that he travelled/attended function/returned on behalf of the people of CORK. There is no excuse for that behaviour - this constant blaming it on alcohol - well, as he was representing the people of CORK - he shouldn't have got so damn drunk. He made a fool of himself and the people of CORK. He is no "knight in shining armour" - and myself and colleagues were disgusted at the interview this morning and more disgusted at those who advertised during this time slot - when there would be a big audience. Bad marketing ploy on all accounts. But that's just my opinion. J

Well i have some good news for you, you dont have to listen. Im from cork and i dont feel for one minute that he made a fool of me. I dont mind the man, i feel bad for his family but i dislike moans like you much more. Id imagine that feeling disgusted all day has taken its toll on you, so maybe you should get off your high horse and take a nap. Id also question your marketing experience. In other words, get over it and yourself, and there was no need to keep putting the word cork in capitals. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

this ^ people aren't perfect, people make mistakes, some people learn from them and move on in a positive direction. and personally i despise anyone who tries to hold a person back by using their past against them or judging them on something they did. (past tense)

everyone gets their comeuppance at some stage if they think they are better then anyone/everyone, he has gotten his and learned from it, thats whats important now, again not what he did but what he will do from now on.

This

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Didn't hear all the interview,is there anywhere I can listen to it in full.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Didn't hear all the interview,is there anywhere I can listen to it in full.

http://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2011/03/Neil-Prendeville-25-March.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

It was a very well rehearsed interview. I like the way they keep playing parts of it in the news especially where they ask him about judging others. They know that that will be the first thing that will be said to him when he comes back. Cougan is so far up his own arse with his personal politics I won't be sorry to see him gone from the show.

I was looking forward to his return, I'm not so sure now, after the 'interview'.

I did not like how he said he'd be different from now on, I don't want another PJ Coogan [I like PJ actually but not on the show every morning] I do want the old arrogant Prender's back, I don't want a grovelling, snivelling, imposter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Whatever about the incident on the plane and whether or not he should be back on air, the most annoying thing about the whole interview was him whinging about how he had no income while he was off air and how he was struggling like lots more who are unemployed in the current climate.

About a minute later he went on to say how he had to get away, to Provence no less and rent a cottage. But it was too cold to enjoy his walks.

Yeah just like all the other unemployed people out there, taking stock in the south of france. Give me a fcuking break :mad:

Of course he didn't spend his time strolling around provence. He occupied himself writing, Im awaiting the inevitable sickening self pitying book which will be lapped up by the "love you prendeville" brigade and more than make up for the money he is down by his absence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I'm boycotting 96fm from now on after listening to Prenderville's tripe today on the telly! I think this man is a total fake and has no remorse for his actions! Red FM for me from now on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

CoalBucket wrote: »
    Whatever about the incident on the plane and whether or not he should be back on air, the most annoying thing about the whole interview was him whinging about how he had no income while he was off air and how he was struggling like lots more who are unemployed in the current climate.

About a minute later he went on to say how he had to get away, to Provence no less and rent a cottage. But it was too cold to enjoy his walks.

Yeah just like all the other unemployed people out there, taking stock in the south of france. Give me a fcuking break :mad:

Of course he didn't spend his time strolling around provence. He occupied himself writing, Im awaiting the inevitable sickening self pitying book which will be lapped up by the "love you prendeville" brigade and more than make up for the money he is down by his absence.
    I bet yourman that rang in about his money was planted probably one of 96fm crew.
    Prendeville had to take the ferry to France and it was too cold for walking, must have been living hell for him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

A couple of people saying here how we all make mistakes. This is very true. Let he who is without sin etc. etc. etc.

The thing with Prenderville is that he took the "moral high ground" as it is described. He would be the first to gloat over the mistake of another. This whole episode is like a lifelong preaching pioneer being caught drink driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

How many times does he use the word "forgive" in the interview. And he says he doesn't remember it. His memory was completely blank. He only knew it happened when someone rang him 2 days later and told him about it! But he thinks about it every day and it's something he'll never forget.

The only thing he's sorry about is the fact that the story got out to the public domain.

I still think it's the funniest "scandal" ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

why was he so depressed:confused:

he commited a crime, got away with it,then had a 5 month holiday and got his job back,
    i didnt listen to him much when he was on, and now i dont listen to red fm, so its silence for me:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Hardly surprising he's back really. **** in the Dail, **** in the banks, **** running public services, **** building ghost estates, **** running RTE. Why not **** on the radio. Prenderville is 21st century Ireland. If Prenderville is all this country's got to put on air ........ ah **** it ....... I rest my case :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement