Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snickers Cheesecake

Options
  • 28-01-2011 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi all, anybody got a tried & tested recipe for a simple Snickers Cheesecake??
    Any searches I do comes up with either american recipes that you bake with Eggs :eek: , or has variations between cream & condensed milk....:confused:

Just looking for a simple enough no-bake, blitz up in a mixer type one
    Ta
    sgr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

Could you add whizzed up Snickers to a cheesecake recipe you already know?

I make a white chocolate cheesecake or plain chocolate cheesecake that doesn't involve cooking etc, could you add add Snickers to this, or could you add whizzed up roasted peanuts to a plain chocolate cheesecake and serve with toffee sauce(Carnation do a tin of this and it's divine)

The recipe I use for Chocolate Cheesecake is

250g Marscapone Cheese
    250g Full fat cream cheese
    250ml Double cream
    400g melted white/plain chocolate.

Melt chocolate over pan of simmering water - let it cool for a few minutes
    Mix together both cheeses(don't beat) I use a fork, until well combined
    Then add double cream, again mix with a fork until well combined.
    Add cooled melted chocolate and add whatever extras you like.
    Pour onto prepared base of your choice.
    This usually sets in the fridge in under 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

thanks tt, exactly what i need, i will try it out.
    I'll have to serve with the toffee sauce too,sounds yum even at this hour of the morning :D
    I also read somewhere to melt peanut butter (crunchy for me) and spread that over the base before putting on the cheese mix...this isnt for a couple of weeks but i may just have to do a trial run for myself this afternoon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

The melted peanut butter sounds just the job.

I always get the Mascapone(can't spell this) cheese in Dunnes as it is the cheapest @ €1.49. I think it's €2.78 in Tesco.

I always use Tescos own brand full fat cheese @0.90c (I've tried Lidls but it only comes in 200g packs and isn't as rich as Tescos)
    And Tesco Double cream at €1.65

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Thanks for the shopping tips much appreciated...was planning on going to Lidl for most of the ingredients, but it looks like il be making a few stops for my shopping list. will let you know how it goes. Ta

Advertisement