Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Mini Chopper

Options
  • 28-01-2011 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hey,

Seen a Silvercrest mini chopper for 12.99 in Lidl yesterday. Looks like a good deal...anybody used this before?

Or can anyone recommend a good mini chopper for pestos, marinades, burgers etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

Cannot comment on the Silvercrest chopper.

I bought a Kenwood mini chopper in Heatons last month for 15euros.

I have made breadcrumbs, chopped onions and made carrot smush for carrot cake so far so good:)I would use it 2/3 times a week. [I prefer to chop onions myself because they go to mush too quickly in the chopper and you cannot brown them if that happens so useless for the onions. On the other hand onions pulped for burgers is grand as one of the family like the flavour but not the texture of onions so useful for burgers.]

Have not made pesto or marinade with chopper as in my opinion the blade is too high up for that in my chopper. However I use hand blender and beaker supplied with it to make marinades this works very well for me.

I think if you want to do anything more heavy duty than you need to move up to food processor grade gadget.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

I have the lidl mini chopper already(got it a few years ago) and i love it. I've used quiet a lot and its still perfect- you can even whip cream in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I got the Argos Value Range one for €7.99 last week. Haven't used it yet. But it was half price and I needed one so couldn't not get it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

got the lidl chopper about 6yrs ago,its brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Thought ya meant the bicycle lol

• Advertisement

Have one. It is great.

Advertisement