Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2011

Options
  • 28-01-2011 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who's playing at Indiependence this year?

Last year was very good, felt the headliners, White Lies/Coronas were weak though!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Serious rumours going around about The National but unlikely. An announcement is expected soon is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Ya there was an announcement expected soon but not sure when?

I heard a rumour of Elbow which I suppose could be true. The National would be a great get for the festival.

Who else would you like to see there?

To be honest I usually go to the Cork X Southwest festival but Indiependance are expanding this year so will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Splainc wrote: »
    To be honest I usually go to the Cork X Southwest festival but Indiependance are expanding this year so will wait and see.

Expanding eh?In what way do you think? Liked the intimate surroundings of Indiependence last year. would be a shame to lose that

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Expanding is news to me, we were a 5k capacity last year and will remain so this year. Some changes will be made to the site itself, making certain tents bigger, campsite bigger etc but we have no intention of going over capacity.

The likes of the National and Elbow command 6 figure fees so in order to put on a festival and incorporate them would mean we would need to raise prices accross the board - tickets, food, drink etc and it's not something we want to do.

Maybe the likes of White Lies, Alabama 3, Reverend & the Makers and the Coronas aren't to everyone's taste but I'm not sure what's expected for the prices we charge. Look at what is offered for the same price elsewhere and look at the feedback we've had on here and elsewhere from last year.

We can't control the rumours surrounding headliners unfortunately, especially when there's no base to some of them and they seem to emanate from the ether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Personally I loved White Lies last year. Looking forward to hearing who'll be there this year. Have my ticket bought since before Christmas :D

Oh...one final thing. Festivals in my mind are as much about the bands playing at 3PM in the day as they are about the bands taking the stage at 10pm at night. everyone goes away from a festival with a different experience. I went to Electric Picnic to see Foals but came away raving about someone else I saw over the weekend who blew me away. they weren't a headliner but they were amazing live and I've been to see them since off the back of it.

Hopefully they'll blow all of you away too in July ;)

Maybe the likes of White Lies, Alabama 3, Reverend & the Makers and the Coronas aren't to everyone's taste but I'm not sure what's expected for the prices we charge. Look at what is offered for the same price elsewhere and look at the feedback we've had on here and elsewhere from last year.

Sorry if I came across as criticising, as a Mitchelstown native I thought 2010 was by far and away the best festival ever put on in Mitchelstown(bar Danni Minogue:D), however I felt that The Corona's especially did not suit the Indie line up.

Again super festival, no matter who you get I will be there for the whole thing anyway:D

I wasn't having a go bob, just saying. We've always tried our hardest to go out there and pull a rabbit out of the hat that makes people sit up and notice but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

The Coronas have a target audience and they are included as part of the demographic we cater for and they did pull a huge crowd for their performance. There are lots of bands I'm not into over the weekend but there's 5 of us in it altogether and I'm always pleasantly surprised when I see something I wouldn't consider to be my thing and yet when you experience it live it quickly becomes that way.

I will make it my business to go looking at bands I have never heard of this year.;)

Any hints on the line up or when there is an announcement due?

• Advertisement

ssbob wrote: »
    I will make it my business to go looking at bands I have never heard of this year.;)

There'll e a few names released over the next week or so. Some very good up and coming Irish acts amongst them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Gigs & Events.

Seriously, do. It made Electric Picnic for me.

There were a few bands from INDIEPENDENCE that I saw a few minutes of here and there also that seemed to be getting great response from the crowd. ASIWYFA at EP I'm sure got a good crowd from INDIEPENDENCEat their EP show even though it was early in the day. The weekend is fuzzy with me but they were on around 12-1pm I think and the tent was nicely crowded and they absolutely ate it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

1st act announced : :D

Also Ham Sandwich , Frank and the Walters , The Corona's

You beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

1st act announced : :D

Also Ham Sandwich , Frank and the Walters , The Corona's

Yeehaa. Bring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Coronas again? wtf

THE CORONAS
    DAN LE SAC VS SCROOBIUS PIP
    HAM SANDWICH
    THE RIPTIDE MOVEMENT
    SACRED ANIMALS
    DEAF RADIO
    ROISIN O
    THE NORTH SEA
    SEVEN SUMMITS
    STILL IN SEARCH
    SUEDE HALO
    THE BUTTERFLY EXPLOSION
    MIRACLE BELL
    THE GOLD STANDARD
    THE DANGER IS
    WE CUT CORNERS
    NOT SQUARES
    DEAF JOE
    THE FRANK & WALTERS
    CASH & FEEK

Headliners TBA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Was thinking about bringing my 13year old daughter to Indiependence for one of the days (probably Sunday). Does anyone know if I can I buy a day ticket for her and will I have to pay full adult price?

I will be there myself for the whole weekend and will get someone to drop her to the gates on the Sunday morning. She normally goes to Electric Picnic every year, but can't this year because of EP's stupid 12-18 year old exclusion rule.......

• Advertisement

Was thinking about bringing my 13year old daughter to Indiependence for one of the days (probably Sunday). Does anyone know if I can I buy a day ticket for her and will I have to pay full adult price?

I will be there myself for the whole weekend and will get someone to drop her to the gates on the Sunday morning. She normally goes to Electric Picnic every year, but can't this year because of EP's stupid 12-18 year old exclusion rule.......

Really why do they exclude that age group? To snuff out underage drinking??

I think you can buy one day tickets but if you PM "Curve music", they will let you know!

Some headline announcements coming soon folks.

Some headline announcements coming soon folks.

As in today or this week?

As in today or this week?
    Just waiting on the ink to dry, hopefully this week.

Just waiting on the ink to dry, hopefully this week.

Super.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Announcements on wednesday on the Matt Cooper show

http://indiependencefestival.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Can't wait for this...This will be my third year in a row. Can't stress enough what a great little festival this is:)

Today's the day.

Matt Cooper will be announcing our headliners today on The Last Word.

Our main attraction is bigger than we've ever managed to entice to this side of the water and we're very excited about it. There will be another wave of announcements in the coming weeks but the line up is now complete.

This year will also see a lot more options for attendees regarding site layout, beverages available, choice of food etc and the dance tent & Silent Disco will be much, much bigger. Hope to see you there. More details to follow.

Listening and waiting patiently. Unable to go to Cork X Southwest this year so very interested as to who it will be.

• Advertisement

Editors, Therapy, Whipping Boy, The Coronas, Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, The Frank & Walters, Ham Sandwich, Miracle Bell, Not Squares, Gemma Hayes and loads loads more to come including more headliners to be announced.

Advertisement