Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Editors, Therapy, Whipping Boy, The Coronas, Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, The Frank & Walters, Ham Sandwich, Miracle Bell, Not Squares, Gemma Hayes and loads loads more to come including more headliners to be announced.

More headliners? So are any of the above the headliners? I would have presumed Editors and Therapy..

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

niallo24 wrote: »
    More headliners? So are any of the above the headliners? I would have presumed Editors and Therapy..
    Editors & Therapy are two headliners yes. There is a main stage headliner being announced in a week or two and one or two tent headliners & the likes to be announced also. The lineup is complete after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Editors, Therapy, Whipping Boy, The Coronas, Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, The Frank & Walters, Ham Sandwich, Miracle Bell, Not Squares, Gemma Hayes and loads loads more to come including more headliners to be announced.

Well done really looking forward to it now. Something for everyone there.

You said in an earlier post that there will be more variety in terms of food and beverages? Are you going to be selliing other drinks other than Bavaria and Monster?

I'll post full details of drinks, food etc later within the coming days. Now the line up is pretty much complete we can begin to focus elsewhere. There are still a few top acts to be added though obviously Editors are the main headliner but another headliner has been added and will be named in the second phase of line up in the next fortnight.

I'll post full details of drinks, food etc later within the coming days. Now the line up is pretty much complete we can begin to focus elsewhere. There are still a few top acts to be added though obviously Editors are the main headliner but another headliner has been added and will be named in the second phase of line up in the next fortnight.

Great stuff, oh by the way when you log into www.mitchelstownfest.com it still has 2010 written on it, you should update that.

Cheers

The Bob.

• Advertisement

ssbob wrote: »
    Great stuff, oh by the way when you log into www.mitchelstownfest.com it still has 2010 written on it, you should update that.

Cheers

The Bob.

Nigh swan bob, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Delighted this was announced before the Editors @thepark tickets went on sale, saved myself the €40 I would have paid for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Delighted this was announced before the Editors @thepark tickets went on sale, saved myself the €40 I would have paid for them :)

And you don't have to endure Bell X1. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosewaterstone

me and all of my friends are 18 or older, except one whos 18 in Aug but we were thinking about goin to this festival. i'm pretty sure i read under 18 can go if accompanied by someone over 18 but not sure! is this true?

me and all of my friends are 18 or older, except one whos 18 in Aug but we were thinking about goin to this festival. i'm pretty sure i read under 18 can go if accompanied by someone over 18 but not sure! is this true?
    That'll be fine. You'll just probably need to sign her in and take care of one another. Enjoy Bavaria responsibly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Just looking at the ticket options. No 3 day non camping options, is that right?
    So you can pay 59 quid for Sat & Sun - no camping - but you'd have to pay 99 for the 3 days?

Anyone know when they will announce the actual day by day line up?

buzz55 wrote: »
    Just looking at the ticket options. No 3 day non camping options, is that right?
    So you can pay 59 quid for Sat & Sun - no camping - but you'd have to pay 99 for the 3 days?

Anyone know when they will announce the actual day by day line up?

I think the 3 day camping is literally just camping on Friday night but the two day ticket is just for the music......don't think there is any music on the Friday night!

They have another big announcement coming up in the next week or so and then I think we will see the day by day announcement by the end of May.

Curvemusic is one of the organisers, he will be reading this thread anyway.

Cheers - I just wasn't sure if there was music on the Friday or not.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

There is music on the Friday night. All stages bar the main stage i think.
    Curvemusic would have to confirm this?

I think the 3 day camping is literally just camping on Friday night but the two day ticket is just for the music......don't think there is any music on the Friday night!

They have another big announcement coming up in the next week or so and then I think we will see the day by day announcement by the end of May.

Curvemusic is one of the organisers, he will be reading this thread anyway.
    The main stage will be the only stage closed on Friday night but there will be music on Friday as well.

€99 covers the three days of music & camping.

More line up to come but the day by day breakdown won't be done for a good while yet.

The main stage will be the only stage closed on Friday night but there will be music on Friday as well.

€99 covers the three days of music & camping.

More line up to come but the day by day breakdown won't be done for a good while yet.

So is it true that the €59 ticket will not get you in on the Friday night?

So is it true that the €59 ticket will not get you in on the Friday night?
    Yes, absolutely. The €59 is a two day, non camping ticket.

Yes, absolutely. The €59 is a two day, non camping ticket.

Bit of a disaster excluding local people from the Friday night but ah well........... will have to see about camping.

Bit of a disaster excluding local people from the Friday night but ah well........... will have to see about camping.
    Local people are allowed buy €99 tickets as well.

Friday night is designed to get campers in early and settled rather than having everyone descend on the town at once within a 4 hour period on Saturday which we would get even further criticism for. This has been specifically put in place for the benefit of the locals rather than to exclude them.

Are there any reduced price tickets available for local's? I seem to have a vague recollection of something like that in previous years?

However, to be fair, 59 or 99 bucks is still a steal for the great line up - thanks ;)

• Advertisement

buzz55 wrote: »
    Are there any reduced price tickets available for local's? I seem to have a vague recollection of something like that in previous years?

However, to be fair, 59 or 99 bucks is still a steal for the great line up - thanks ;)

No not this year, we simply could not go lower on price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

No not this year, we simply could not go lower on price

in fairness to ye thats an excellent price for a weekend of music n camping.
    il be there with bells on.really looking forward to this now..

That's cool, as I said, its still a bargain at the price so I'll be there :)

Thanks for all the info

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

For some reason ive a feeling the last headliner will be one of these :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Indiependence put up a few videos on Facebook a few months ago of various artists, a few have since been confirmed, 2 that i remember were Ash, and Marina and the Diamonds.....

:eek:

My lips are sealed

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If im right i should be given a free ticket :P:P:P

If I had a free ticket for every time I've heard "I should get a free ticket"...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

If I had a free ticket for every time I've heard "I should get a free ticket"...

Haha! Isaw the Facebook page,a few requests over there!

• Advertisement

Gillington wrote: »
    Haha! Isaw the Facebook page,a few requests over there!
    Every. Second. Post! :pac:

Advertisement