Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Robbed this off their FB

255010_10150217049931545_293015881544_7362162_8026424_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

Great stuff Curve Music, cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nyconuntouch

Hi All,

Will be heading down from dublin for this-- have only heard of about 4 of these bands and never heard of the festival- (i can't even explain why!!)

However i'm sure the experience of the weekend will be epic. i read through all the posts to sus out what other thought and what the general vibe was. Can feel a good positive buzz from this thread, and excited.

Usually into the heavier side of rock, but looking forward to seeing some new bands and possibly broaden my music interests and have a great time.

Will be camping for the 2 days!!

No TV and lots of beer and music make me go something something..............GO CRAZY!?

DON'T MIND IF I DO........!"^£$*(^$(*^£$($^($(&2E23F234BF382CF845RTCN34UGHV G45H 39 HF BLurp!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nyconuntouch

Tickets arrived today!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Good stuff.

Starting to get very busy for all of us as the festival nears. There is so much more now onsite this year that there is an amazing amount of organisation outside the music. in fact I would say that putting acts on the stage is probably the easiest part of our preparations now. Really looking forward to the buzz that begins when a crowd starts to appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Good stuff.

Starting to get very busy for all of us as the festival nears. There is so much more now onsite this year that there is an amazing amount of organisation outside the music. in fact I would say that putting acts on the stage is probably the easiest part of our preparations now. Really looking forward to the buzz that begins when a crowd starts to appear.

Picking up my tickets this weekend hopefully. Hope the sales are going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

I'm doing a week in East Cork as well as Indiependence, so I hope Cork Tourism are giving you the kudos for bringing tourists your county man!! Looking forward to it:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Piko

What's the story with mud here? Will I need my wellies?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Piko wrote: »

Bring them just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

If you enter the discount/voucher code 'METEOR' on tickets.ie you will get 10 € off tickets for this years festival.Just saw it there on the meteor goodiebag website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

If anyone is driving down from Dublin on the Sunday morning there's two comedians looking for a lift down.

We will pay our way in jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Tickets came today! :D Still working on getting others to come too!

Piko wrote: »
    The ground is very solid underfoot. There was a bit of rain last year but wellies weren't needed but like any festival, dress to plan.

We purchased a 30 day weather forecast from that New Zealand dude that predicts the Irish weather every year. He's been spot on every year so far and in the two weeks prior to the festival we have about 3 or 4 days of showers so the outlook is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Can you bring a caravan instead of a campervan?

Bar license granted. 1am :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Bar license granted. 1am :D

Ye can serve later than they can at the Picnic so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

only drink from the bars in the arena part so? ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

I saw on the Indie Facebook page a while ago that a there was a possibility of a 30 Cans of Baveria being sold in the camp site chilled for €30 or something like this. Is that happening? It'd be great not having to hike to the shop in town....

Happy INDIEPENDENCE day

split.jpg

• Advertisement

And so it begins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosewaterstone

Can people bring drink to festival or does it have to be bought there?....Dont want to have bought drink & have it all confiscated!haha

You can bring drink to the campsite no problem just no glass please. You can't bring drink into the main arena.

Alcohol is very reasonably priced. We put a cap on what our traders etcare allowed to sell their products at so no one goes home fleeced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

What prices should we be expecting to pay for drinks in the arena?

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    What prices should we be expecting to pay for drinks in the arena?

It depends. We have Havana Cultura this year which is mojitos and the likes so naturally they cost a bit more than your bog standard spirit shot. A pint would be €5 at the maximum.

We also have a campsite off license, €35 per slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

It depends. We have Havana Cultura this year which is mojitos and the likes so naturally they cost a bit more than your bog standard spirit shot. A pint would be €5 at the maximum.

We also have a campsite off license, €35 per slab.

Good stuff, think the pints last year were €4.50? Getting close now, line up looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That Sunday lineup looks amazing!

Thank you kind Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I'm not leaving the main stage on Sunday, line-up is epic..See ye there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 agore21

This will be my first time at Indiependence. Have been going to Electric Picnic for the last 4 years so this will not be a culture shock or anything. Just a quick question on camping: Does the campsite fill up very quickly on the Friday? Debating on whether I should duck out of work early on the Friday and get there for midday or take my time...!!!

Anyone who hasn't seen them before - go see Slow Motion Heroes on the Cyprus Ave stage @18:30 on Sunday - great local live band...!!!

Advertisement